Tribute to Jungle Jim by Berserko Bob (1 Viewer)

Thanks Jackee that was nice. I remember seeing him in the seventies,MAN he was always the showman.

Why was I wasting all that time with NASCAR!!!!?? I would've loved to have seen Jungle race... guess that is part of growing up in NC. Went to Shuffletown Dragway some but that was only 1/8th mile. Could've done without seeing a butt shot of Berserko though... :eek:

there is a little "jungle" in all of those who climb inside of these funny cars and smoke'em as hard as we can. as i raise my glass ,i say, here's to you the man , the myth , the legend, Jungle Jim!

29 years. Man! Thatnks for the link Jackie. And Nitronic Research...now there was a place to hang out! I'll be taking my old NR jacket to the CHRR in Bakersfield, hoping it's cool in the evening so I can wear it. Can't wait!

I just read the last part of that page with the piece written by James "Randy" Liberman.

Talk about tugging at your heart strings. Wow!

Note to any and all parents: a MUST read.

Tell me that doesn't have "MOVIE" written all over it................
I can see it now, starting with the Pat Foster entrance story:)

Pattie's description of that entrance just about summarizes that whole era of Funny Car match racing to me. The incredible, followed by something even more outrageous! BTW, BB's bare butt was completely offset by the pictures of 'Jungle Pam'! God bless the world that contained the lot of them!

Why was I wasting all that time with NASCAR!!!!?? I would've loved to have seen Jungle race... guess that is part of growing up in NC. Went to Shuffletown Dragway some but that was only 1/8th mile. Could've done without seeing a butt shot of Berserko though... :eek:

Robbie, Berserko was the official Raceway Park Streaker.

I don't know if you've met Bobby D, but if you haven't stop by the Gilberston pits at the next race you're at. You'll feel like you WERE at those races back in the good old days, with the stories that guy can tell. They'll be sitting out the next two NHRA races I believe... going to IHRA races instead... but if you don't know him, go over and introduce yourself. You will not be bored. :)

Jackee...

I met Bob last year in a rest area on the way from Vegas I believe. I didn't know who he was, just saw the Gilbertson pick-up and trailer when I stopped. He was helping an elderly couple with a tire on their car so I went over to help. Turns out the spare the guy had was flat too and Bob happened to have a Trick Tank with air in it in his trailer. Turns out his office is in Charlotte. I talk to him at some of the tracks. Didn't know the history of him until recently and still learning... thanks

Bob and I became friends about 7 or 8 years ago.
He is a great friend and knows as much or more about dragracing as anyone I've ever talked to. We were at Atlanta together a few years ago and all the drivers and crew chiefs who saw him called him to come over and talk and bs.
He's been everwhere and saw about everything going back to the 60's, 70's,
and 80's. If you want to here some good stories or learn some history about the good old days of dragracing just look him up and introduce yourself.
David

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back