Tribute cars (1 Viewer)

I just wish more teams would do this.

I think it is neat, and a way to have some fun and pay tribute to the history of the sport. Keep in mind though, that in the case of a deal like the Capps car, I would think Capps has to pay out of his own pocket to have this wrap made. Unless he got NAPA to pay for some or all of it. When Salinas did the McEwen tribute dragster scheme after McEwen died, I'm sure Mike paid for that wrap out of his own pocket. So a lesser-funded team isn't going to be able to afford these tribute wraps.

Both capps & TSR absolutely did bitchin schemes....I could not agree more...Wish more teams would do this through out the season...TSR immediately reminded me of the Damn Yankee cuda and The Rod Shop....

Both capps & TSR absolutely did bitchin schemes....I could not agree more...Wish more teams would do this through out the season...TSR immediately reminded me of the Damn Yankee cuda and The Rod Shop....
Reminds me of Bruce Larson's USA Chevies. Larson's were tasteful; Tony's are a bit overdone.

Who here would like to see a few of these racers name their cars? That'd be nostalgic for sure. I know why they don't. But it'd still be cool.

Reminds me of Bruce Larson's USA Chevies. Larson's were tasteful; Tony's are a bit overdone.

Who here would like to see a few of these racers name their cars? That'd be nostalgic for sure. I know why they don't. But it'd still be cool.
Yes. I know that the Nostalgia/Heritage series are supposed to fill this gap for us, but even with the advertising and sponsor obligations, I think that there is something missing in the big show cars. I even appreciate when Force started putting "Brute" back into his name on the car.

Last named big show cars I recall are Tom Hoover's "Showtime" and Dale Creasy's "Tyrant". Before the "Nitro Ninja", The Lagana family had "The Twilight Zone"

would love to see someone who had close relationship with joe pisano do a JP1 tribute. a hard charger whenever they showed up, notably at indy.

Attachments

• PisanFC4.jpg
    PisanFC4.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 25
Capps' tribute car last year was great. But I think this year's car looks even better.
And, I really like seeing the Direct Connection livery on TSR's cars.

would love to see someone who had close relationship with joe pisano do a JP1 tribute. a hard charger whenever they showed up, notably at indy.

In case people are not aware, Frankie Pisano has restored the beautiful Pisano Funny Car shown in your picture. At least I think it is the same car. It was on display at the NHRA Finals last year at Pomona.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back