Traxxas Nitro Shootout voting began (2 Viewers)

Headline on NHRA dot Com

Timmy and Britney in the shoot out.

I'm glad for Wilk - feel badly for Clay (not that I have anything against JFR) He performed well.

NHRA always gets the results they want. If there was only one ball in the bowl with her name on it and Britney still goes.

I liked it better when the drivers earned their way in the shootout over a year of performance. Now it's just a popularity contest. Kinda takes away the integrity of the shoot out. And now to vote you must be on facebook???
sounds like just a way to drum up facebook count.

Perfectly said.

As much as I love team Force, Brit's "team" doesn't deserve it. A lot of work to be done with that "top fuel" team. Hopefully next year, they'll get it together. As far as rookie of the year, it should go to Adam. Just my 2 cents worth.

I voted for Doug Kalitta actually. Brit does not really deserve it just yet, especially since they don't really have a good shot with the tune-up vs. the competition, but Adam Arana is an easy pick as he's the most successful rookie of the rookie class this year. Of course the Force conspiracy exists due to a. Brittany is in the shootout and b. She may just win ROTY due to her last name. Courtney won ROTY last year, but I feel she earned that cause her skill actually could back it up, Brittany just has not shown enough, yet she hasn't really had the chance as she is just getting a good tune up now which is still not 70 bound and that her car was 25 pounds heavier with the canopy. I huge reason you just don't see it unless your name is DSR and you have the power tune up that can combat the weight.

With only one lap in the bank, 5 of the 8 are going to the line with aborted runs in their pockets. This is going to get interesting, but I think experience will shine.

TF
FIRST-ROUND PAIRINGS (Saturday, 4 p.m.):
1. Shawn Langdon 4.741 vs. No. 8 Brittany Force 3.820
2. Spencer Massey 3.837 vs. No. 7 Bob Vandergriff Jr. 3.848
3. Tony Schumacher 5.062 vs. No. 6 Steve Torrence 6.006
4. Khalid alBalooshi 4.272 vs. No. 5 Antron Brown 4.806

FC has a couple more laps to shake it off before 1st round Traxxas Shootout
FIRST-ROUND PAIRINGS (Sunday, 12:30 p.m.):
1. Matt Hagan vs. No. 8 Tim Wilkerson
2. Ron Capps vs. No. 7 Jack Beckman
3. Johnny Gray vs. No. 6 Courtney Force
4. Cruz Pedregon vs. No. 5 John Force