Track Prep (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
After first round PS motorcycle, PS, and part of FC pretty much no one has gotten down the track even with extended cleanup and prep delays and now Cruzer is on the broadcast apologizing for the the crappy racing. For those of you that are there, what's going on?? 1000 feet not necessary make sure no one can get down it. No Problem. The boos on the audiocast said it all:mad::mad:

After first round PS motorcycle, PS, and part of FC pretty much no one has gotten down the track even with extended cleanup and prep delays and now Cruzer is on the broadcast apologizing for the the crappy racing. For those of you that are there, what's going on?? 1000 feet not necessary make sure no one can get down it. No Problem. The boos on the audiocast said it all:mad::mad:

Many people may not realize it, but traction compound is actually a mix of the glue plus an extender which is usually alcohol.

I understand that during the second track prep someone grabbed the wrong material to mix with the glue - and the solvent used for cleaning up synthetic oil spills didn't work so well as a vehicle for the glue.

Yes, it took a long time to get the mess cleaned up and the correct stuff re-applied. That's why the race ran into curfew and we lost a session of alcohol cars.

And for those ready to type snarky comments, considering that the track prep guys are by far the best I've ever seen in ANY series I'm willing to give them a freebie on a very rare foul-up -- and everyone else should do the same.

Since they made the switch to 75/25, the track prep has been stellar. Everyone makes mistakes but they have been doing a great job.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back