Top sportsman/dragster tree (1 Viewer)

camaro

Nitro Member
while watching top sportsman/dragster on the sportsman show on tv, I'm not sure if i was seeing things or not but i thought i noticed after both cars were stagged the first amber lights on both sides of the tree always came on at the same time regardless of the handicap and then proceeded to trickle down at different times based on the dial in ??

while watching top sportsman/dragster on the sportsman show on tv, I'm not sure if i was seeing things or not but i thought i noticed after both cars were stagged the first amber lights on both sides of the tree always came on at the same time regardless of the handicap and then proceeded to trickle down at different times based on the dial in ??

Thats called "cross-talk" and it is used so that both drivers see the top bulb light for the slower car and react to it at the same time. The quicker cars top bulb stays on until his/her tree starts to count down. It eliminates the need to use the crossover feature in delay boxes.
It takes some getting used to from the stands, but it is so much easier in the car, as you do not see the other drivers tree activate and/or count down.

You are correct it is called CrossTalk developed by us at Compulink for use with these classes with all there electronics. The faster drivers were setting their delay boxes to leave on the slower cars first Amber and were looking across the tree to see it. So track operators were moving the top amber so both drivers could see it. With the start of use of LED bulbs that are very directional it was very hard for the drivers to see, so CrossTalk was designed so the bulbs could be directed straight at their lane. Both top Ambers light at the same time then the faster car stays on the normal .500 seconds plus the handicap difference before it counts down.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back