The Quick 32 Sportsman Series top five for 2009 (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Jamie Bridge – Second Place

NAPANEE, ONTARIO (November 2, 2009) – Jamie Bridge has mixed thoughts about his first year with the Quick 32 Sportsman Series presented by NAPA Auto Parts, in which he placed second in the Championship Point Award Series.

On one side, the driver of the 2008 Undercover Dragster was pleased to place second for the Series’ inaugural season, but added he wanted to do better on a personal level.

“Well, we didn’t break anything or run anyone over,” said Bridge. “It would be a pretty good season for most, but I feel my driving hasn’t developed as quickly as I want.”

The Lynja Motorsports dragster qualified for all six Quick 32 Sportsman Series events, with the team’s best showing a runner-up spot on the Top Dragster side of eliminations during the June 28 event at the Grand Bend Motorplex.

The Quick 32 Sportsman Series is set up that 16 Top Dragsters compete against each other in eliminations, and 16 Top Sportsman, or “door cars” compete against each other, and the top racer in each class races against each other in the event final, with the winner of that race declared the event winner.

In the Championship Point Award Series battle, the two classes are combined.

Bridge was a first-round victim in two events, at the Cayuga Dragway opener May 18, and the season final September 20, also at Cayuga. He raced to the semi-finals in the Top Dragster class for the August 16 and Labor Day events at Grand Bend, and the September 19 event at Cayuga.

“Overall we had a great season,” said Bridge, who is helped by wife Lynda. “I’m disappointed at not winning the Quick 32, but the season was a positive experience and I’m pleased for Kevin (Wicke) and his championship win. He and his team are very professional.”

Bridge’s dragster is powered by a nitrous-assisted 565-cubic inch Brodix engine couple to an Abruzzi Racing Transmissions Powerglide and the engine is fed courtesy of a Ron’s Terminator Fuel System. The team is sponsored by Lynja Injection Services and Abruzzi Racing Transmissions.

“I believe the Quick 32 Sportsman Series people did a great job,” said Bridge, who has raced since 2003, and gets to the track 30-40 times per year. “I’m still planning on running in the IHRA’s Division 3 but the Quick 32 schedule works for me. We’ll be in for next year.”

And he does not plan too many modifications to the dragster for 2010.

“We’re not going to change much for next year,” he said. “But those new changes should help us for next year.”

The PMRA and Quick 32 Sportsman Series Championship Point Award Series winners will be honored at the Champions Banquet on Saturday, November 14, 2009 at The Best Western Cairn Croft Hotel in the Oak Room in Niagara Falls, Ontario.

For more information, contact Bruce F. Mehlenbacher [email protected]

About the Quick 32 Sportsman Series presented by NAPA Auto Parts:
The Quick 32 Sportsman Series presented by NAPA Auto Parts, Quick 32 Sportsman Series, of drag racing was started early in 2009 as an alternative for high-horsepower Sportsman-class teams to compete on a regular basis.

For 2009, dates included Toronto Motorsports Park in Cayuga, Ontario, starting with the season opener on May 16 and 17 and the season-closer “Double Header” on September 19 and 20, and the South-western Ontario track of the Grand Bend Motorplex on June 27 and 28, the Stratford Spectacular Hot August Nationals presented by Ideal Supply & NAPA Auto Parts August 15 and 16 and the Thunder by the Beach Weekend September 5 and 6.

With 32-car qualified fields comprised of the 16 quickest open wheeled cars (Top Dragster) and the 16 quickest door cars (Top Sportsman), the Quick 32 Sportsman Series featured the best in ET-style, dial-in drag racing, competing on a Sportsman ladder and pit door-slammers against dragsters in every race day final.

Competitors in this Ontario-based series must comply with the IHRA Top Dragster and Top Sportsman Safety rules and regulations, and the maximum dial-in will be 7.95 seconds for the quarter-mile.

This new venture provided $3000 to win for each event and $5000 for the annual Championship Point Award Series champion, payouts very popular with competitors and will provide large fields of race cars.

The Quick 32 Sportsman Series is committed in providing a professional atmosphere for its teams. It will also provide solid media and logistic support to ensure it becomes one of the most popular drag race series running Top Sportsman and Top Dragster race cars.

The Quick 32 Sportsman Series presented by NAPA Auto Parts competed several times with the Pro Modified Racing Association (PMRA), Pro Modified Racing Association, as well as selected special events, offering fans a great show of drag racing.

Photo Credit: Bill Mehlenbacher Photography - nxphoto's Photos- powered by SmugMug and Rob Potter

Attachments

• clip_image002_215.jpg
    clip_image002_215.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 77
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back