Too Much Spare Time and Too Many Ticket Stubs (1 Viewer)

vegasnitro

Nitro Member
Recently when cleaning my place up, I noticed a common thread ... drag racing ticket stubs EVERYWHERE. Since I have the spare time, and the apparent inclination to hang on to the stubs, I went to WalMart and bought a frame and here is what you get (sorry for the glare from the flash, click on photo for larger image):

There are stubs from almost every NHRA event in Vegas, several Pomona World Finals and Winter Nationals stubs, several from Firebird, several years of the nitro blast offs here in Vegas, some 50th Anniversary Nationals stubs from Pomona, stubs from the last 2 US Nationals at Indy, a stub from the Natoinal Hot Rod Reunion, a 2007 US Nationals pocket guide, an autographed event sticker from Firebird 2000 and an autographed Inagural Event sticker from here in Vegas in the spring of 2000. GOOD TIMES ... although I am afraid to add up the face value of all the tickets.

Autographs include: Scotty Cannon, Gary Scelzi, John Force, Melanie Troxel, Angelle Sampey, Bob Vandergriff, Del Worsham, Tony Schumacher, Doug Kalitta, Dale Creasy Jr, Whit Bazemore and several that are illegible and I can't figure out who they are.

Last edited:
Recently when cleaning my place up, I noticed a common thread ... drag racing ticket stubs EVERYWHERE. Since I have the spare time, and the apparent inclination to hang on to the stubs, I went to WalMart and bought a frame and here is what you get (sorry for the glare from the flash):

That is VERY cool. Nice job.

Ahh yes, "the remnants of a miss spent youth". :p Just kiddin I think it's GREAT. :cool: A very unique and colorfull piece of art. Congrats Chris, I'm sure it will be a conversation piece. Enjoy.

Recently when cleaning my place up, I noticed a common thread ... drag racing ticket stubs EVERYWHERE. Since I have the spare time, and the apparent inclination to hang on to the stubs, I went to WalMart and bought a frame and here is what you get (sorry for the glare from the flash, click on photo for larger image):

There are stubs from almost every NHRA event in Vegas, several Pomona World Finals and Winter Nationals stubs, several from Firebird, several years of the nitro blast offs here in Vegas, some 50th Anniversary Nationals stubs from Pomona, stubs from the last 2 US Nationals at Indy, a stub from the Natoinal Hot Rod Reunion, a 2007 US Nationals pocket guide, an autographed event sticker from Firebird 2000 and an autographed Inagural Event sticker from here in Vegas in the spring of 2000. GOOD TIMES ... although I am afraid to add up the face value of all the tickets.

Autographs include: Scotty Cannon, Gary Scelzi, John Force, Melanie Troxel, Angelle Sampey, Bob Vandergriff, Del Worsham, Tony Schumacher, Doug Kalitta, Dale Creasy Jr, Whit Bazemore and several that are illegible and I can't figure out who they are.

Hey Chris, I got a bunch of stubs too. I thought about putting some type of collage together down the road.

The event racer tickets have sucked this year. They just print out a piece of paper and stick the waver sticker on it.

...and if it was good times, whos cares what it cost.:cool:;)

I like the one from the '09 March meet. Cool.
2z5vpyc.jpg

just kidding, mofo. lulz

Last edited:
i need to do that with mine.. 19 yrs worth of Gators stubs and the 50th us nationals.. So far..

Cool thing to do with all your stubs from over the years. Doin' the same with mine. Have Springnats finished ('74'- '94) and the Pop Rod Meet up in Martin, MI ('74-'78). Nats is going to take a few frames, '69-'84 and '86-'01.

Saved all race, sporting, concert, etc. stubs from almost every event I ever attended over the years. Wife thinks I'm crazy, but have you seen what Led Zeppelin stubs from '74 are bringing nowadays on ebay? :D

I've been wanting to do that for years. Problem is, I seem to accumulate more very year. Some tracks, I've noticed (NHRA and others) , have gone to giving out cash register receipt-like tickets for entry....I hate that, especially at bigger events.

I have a drawer full of ticketstubs!!! I have no idea how to go about putting them together like that!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back