Tony Stewart NHRA Announcement Thursday 11am (1 Viewer)

Paul

Staff member
Nitro Member
FBhcqhQXsAIIPNw

I think that will be a let down if the Hagan and Leah cars go to Stewart. Of course Leah's car could be expected to go, what with the impending marriage and all. But Hagan's car would be a bit of a surprise. We won't be gaining any additional teams, since the sponsorships probably will go with the drivers. And we know Hagan is mostly a "pay to play" driver. So if Schumacher looses those two cars, I doubt he will be replacing them, since he couldn't find sponsorship to keep the Beckman and Johnson funny cars out here. And would these two cars still be effectively "Schumacher house cars", which is what we assume will happen with the alleged Antron Brown team ownership (where is Brown coming up with the money to field his team? Michael Jordan?). So this may not really amount to much other than Stewart throwing some money at several of the Schumacher teams to keep them out there a few more years. It will be good to have Stewart in drag racing as long as Leah and him stay together, but it sure would be better if this situation ended up increasing the car count.

On the other hand, maybe it is a way to keep the car count about where it is, instead of going down even further.....
10-16-10 042 25%.jpg

Last edited:
With Antron starting up his own team and the new rumor of Hagan joining up with Leah and Tony that leaves only Capps at DSR maybe DSR is slowly beginning to transition from a race team and more into a parts/chassis supplier. Capps and NAPA seem like a pretty tight and solid partnership so if DSR were to close down the on-track portion of the organization I'm sure he would not have too much of a problem finding a home or starting his own deal. While not knowing any financials or other stuff from a business perspective I would take a guess the parts/chassis supplier side of DSR is more than sustainable and financially fulfilling especially factoring in the potential elimination of the massive overhead that comes with actively racing week in and out. Its no secret that Don has been looking at retirement for the last few years and maybe with the teams disbanding this is a way out while still being involved in some way. Of course all speculation on my end.

As far as Stewart part of me wonders if Leah brings along her factory stock team maybe Tony might run another car in that series. Its a small schedule which would leave him more than enough time for his other ventures plus he has made hits in that electric cobra jet recently, again another thought that has been floating around in my mind.

The speculation in the media is he will be announcing a 2 car team for 2022. A top fuel car for Leah and a funny car to be driven by a current highly regarded driver who will be named in the near future.
Stay tuned for the announcement Thursday morning 11am at ZMax.

The speculation in the media is he will be announcing a 2 car team for 2022. A top fuel car for Leah and a funny car to be driven by a current highly regarded driver who will be named in the near future.
Stay tuned for the announcement Thursday morning 11am at ZMax.

cool

With Antron starting up his own team and the new rumor of Hagan joining up with Leah and Tony that leaves only Capps at DSR maybe DSR is slowly beginning to transition from a race team and more into a parts/chassis supplier. Capps and NAPA seem like a pretty tight and solid partnership so if DSR were to close down the on-track portion of the organization I'm sure he would not have too much of a problem finding a home or starting his own deal. While not knowing any financials or other stuff from a business perspective I would take a guess the parts/chassis supplier side of DSR is more than sustainable and financially fulfilling especially factoring in the potential elimination of the massive overhead that comes with actively racing week in and out. Its no secret that Don has been looking at retirement for the last few years and maybe with the teams disbanding this is a way out while still being involved in some way. Of course all speculation on my end.

As far as Stewart part of me wonders if Leah brings along her factory stock team maybe Tony might run another car in that series. Its a small schedule which would leave him more than enough time for his other ventures plus he has made hits in that electric cobra jet recently, again another thought that has been floating around in my mind.
The other rumor floating around the pits is Capps is fine going forward. Him and his NAPA sponsorship will be headed to another team.

"The other rumor floating around the pits is Capps is fine going forward. Him and his NAPA sponsorship will be headed to another team."

Well this makes it seem like the whole Schumacher operation may be shutting down. But there was an article in the last 2 months - I think maybe in Autoweek - where the step daughter Megan was being groomed to take over the operation from her Dad. So has there been a big change since then?

"The other rumor floating around the pits is Capps is fine going forward. Him and his NAPA sponsorship will be headed to another team."

Well this makes it seem like the whole Schumacher operation may be shutting down. But there was an article in the last 2 months - I think maybe in Autoweek - where the step daughter Megan was being groomed to take over the operation from her Dad. So has there been a big change since then?
I’ve wondered if it would make sense for Schumacher Racing to be all satellite teams. We can house your operation and with our know how and parts we can make you competitive. No more chasing sponsors. That would be a plus. I think this is how Terry McMillen was operating the last few years.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back