Tony Pedregon vs Mike Neff (rnd 1) : Did Tony get screwed? (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
228395_10150265641876522_501006521_9007688_5475332_n.jpg

From DRC:
Car#-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT-----ET---Speed-----Car#-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT----ET---Speed
7701 Mike Neff 9 Tony Pedregon
E1 ****WINNER**** 0.092 4.726 189.60 0.070 5.307 194.91
Qualified: #4 4.070 310.98 #13 4.201 290.88

Tony Pedregon has won this race three times. He has qualified in the bottom half of the field at every race this year. Pedregon is 7 - 5 against Neff in prior events.

Pedregon gets out of the gate first but strikes the tires about 200 feet out. Neff gets about 400 feet out, strikes the tires and starts to pedal. He gets out of the groove, makes a hard move to the right and almost crosses the centerline. Pedregon pedaled a couple of times but could never recover.
Sure looks like Neff was over the line to me! :confused: Or is the "optical data" wrong? :rolleyes:

its not the body that counts,its the tires.they showed the black marks on the line,they only went half the way accross .but there are some people that just like to stur up stuff.

The rear shot on the TV replay sure made it look like Neff went over the line. I don't see how the body could be that far over the line and the tire still be on the other side.

I think it could have been called either way. I think thats about the most you can do it and not get dq'd. That camera angle isint good though. On ESPN3 they showed it, and the tire marks hit the line but dont go over. So you can touch it, but not go over it.

I think it could have been called either way. I think thats about the most you can do it and not get dq'd. That camera angle isint good though. On ESPN3 they showed it, and the tire marks hit the line but dont go over. So you can touch it, but not go over it.

Back this comment. Could have gone either way. I'm not a Force racing fan, but come on, lets not turn this into a bashing thread. Because it's really a mute point!

My intent wasn't to bash Neff (or Force), but it definitely looked suspect. I just don't see how he didn't cross the line. The right rear definitely looks like it's between the 2 white lines.

What you think you see in this picture is not the tire. With the car pitched sideways in this manner the tire would roll under and away from the side of the body. Look at the tires on Tony's car and see how far in from the "wheel well" they are. You aren't looking at the tire over the line...you are looking at the body line....

well, it balanced out, Zippy Did Not win the Race....

Congrats Jimmy, Robert, Hopsing, and the Rest of Team AAA

d'kid

What you think you see in this picture is not the tire. With the car pitched sideways in this manner the tire would roll under and away from the side of the body. Look at the tires on Tony's car and see how far in from the "wheel well" they are. You aren't looking at the tire over the line...you are looking at the body line....

You are correct JR. Good thing this wasn't John. Boy, would we hear the crying then.

Tire marks on the TV show indicated he came close to going over the line but did not go completely over it. Seemed like the correct call to me.

All I know is if he had hit those timing blocks he would have been out! I have never seen someone hit the timing blocks and not have the run DQ'd, has anyone else? I have seen blocks hit by headers and the run was DQ'd, just like hitting the wall, if it is questionable the first thing the top end official looks at is the headers to see if they are flattened at all. I think Neff used up one of his horseshoes on this one. ;)

Watching the run again I didn't see any white under that tire, meaning it looked like the tire was completely covering up the line. I'd have called it a DQ, but I could kinda see either way. Neff got extremely lucky. ;)

I checked the mater to see if there would be a thread started about this subject and I'm glad to know it didn't disappoint!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back