Todd stays provisional No. 1 (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Pomona, Friday: J.R. Todd remained in the provisional No. 1 spot after the completion of the second of four rounds of Top Fuel qualifying at the 44th annual Auto Club NHRA Finals at the Auto Club Raceway in Pomona. After completing a pass on Thursday of 3.851 seconds, 308.14 mph to place himself and the Lucas Oil Fuel Treatment team atop in the standings, on Friday, Todd’s dragster shook very hard and lost traction on his pass.

“I’m pretty happy the 3.85 held up today,” said Todd. “That was a good run by Hillary (Will) on the run right in front of us of 4.86. That’s pretty good on a hot, slick track like that. We had a little miscue...we broke a rocker arm and gave up the run. It happened on the burnout or right when I hit the throttle. It shook the tires pretty hard, so I’m glad it happened now and not Sunday. If we can go 1-2 on Sunday that would be great for us. That would definitely put a smile on Forrest and Charlotte’s (Lucas) face if that should happen. He hasn’t had much to smile about this year, but our two-car concept is so far working out this weekend. That’s what it’s all about to meet in the finals on Sunday. We held onto No. 1 for one more day and we’ll see what we can do on Saturday.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back