TODD Inserted Into Traxxas Nitro Shootout Top Fuel Field In Place Of Massey (1 Viewer)

Now, what happens If less say Torrance decides tomorrow he wants to put Massey into his second car would that mean Todds out.?

Isn't he entered already, he is qualified for shootout and countdown unless he has been disqualified. Don't get me wrong I'm no way a Massey fan , I would rather see Todd. Crazy things can happen.

He is not on the entry list for the US Nationals. The deadline for entry has passed. So even if someone wanted to put him in a car, it's too late for Indy, and by proxy, the Traxxas Shootout. He could still retain his spot in the Countdown if no one passes him in the points at Indy and then could be entered in the Countdown races by someone willing to put him in a car.

Now why would someone not be able to enter a race? Also, don't you need a competition license to race? What if you had one yesterday, but not today?

Now why would someone not be able to enter a race? Also, don't you need a competition license to race? What if you had one yesterday, but not today?

He would need a car to enter and he doesn't have one and the deadline has passed ... and he had a competition license as recently as 4 days ago when he was testing at Indy. Sounds like there is a lot more to this story that will be coming out sooner or later.

Good for JR....I remember when he used to bracket race at Edgewater & Tri State in Cincinnati, just a well raised respectful level headed guy....great to see.

I guess I'm clueless on how these entries work for National events. For the smaller, independent teams, I could understand making decisions at the last minute. But I would think the bigger teams would have entered an event like Indy long before any deadline, and certainly before this debacle with Massey even occurred. That said, is there some sort of beginning date for entry?

Sean D

I guess I'm clueless on how these entries work for National events. For the smaller, independent teams, I could understand making decisions at the last minute. But I would think the bigger teams would have entered an event like Indy long before any deadline, and certainly before this debacle with Massey even occurred. That said, is there some sort of beginning date for entry?

Sean D
Shoe obviously pulled his entry and entered Balooshi. Spenser would have to enter again on his own. Probably hard to do without a dragster, or a license as Randy is alluding to.

Shoe obviously pulled his entry and entered Balooshi. Spenser would have to enter again on his own. Probably hard to do without a dragster, or a license as Randy is alluding to.
Lance, he license shouldn't be effected but would NHRA turn him away if he took over Torrance 2nd car since they have entered it.

DRIVER AND/OR VEHICLE CHANGES

Under certain circumstances, in the sole and absolute discretion
of the event director, the event director has the option of
permitting a driver change or a vehicle change. The spirit of the
driver change policy is to accommodate those rare cases where
a driver experiences an unforeseen circumstance preventing
him/her from continuing competition in an event (i.e., medical
problem, personal tragedy, etc.). Driver changes in the
Sportsman categories at national events are NOT permitted.
Only one action per event is permitted - a driver change plus a
vehicle change is NOT permitted. Changes may be considered
only under the following conditions:

REPLACEMENT DRIVER

1. The original entered driver must have been in attendance
and successfully passed tech inspection at the event.
2. Replacement driver must have proper credentials and
sufficient grading.
3. The original driver is withdrawn from competition and cannot
be reinstated.
4. All previous event times are voided for the vehicles and

drivers involved.
5. Changes must be made and driver must re-qualify during
the normal schedule, as posted, for the event. No changes
are permitted after qualifying has been completed.
6. Teams are limited to one replacement driver action per event.
7. Replacement driver must drive the vehicle originally entered
as described on the entry form.
8. Any event prize monies will be paid to payee as designated
on original entry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The NHRA policy concerning the use of alternates in Mello Yello

categories at national events does not apply to the following
specialty races: NHRA Traxxas Nitro Shootout, K&N Horsepower
Challenge, and MiraMonte Records NHRA Pro Bike Battle.
In these specialty competitions, the highest-rated eligible
alternate may enter in a field ONLY if one of the original qualifiers
is unable to race and/or is not competing in the same class at the
host national event.

I'm not a fan of Massey's just thinking what might be going on in mind, if I was him I would be burning up that cell phone. I would bet he would drive for pocket change to get back at DSR.

Kalita did this with JR TODD so it could happen with MASSEY.

The rules allow for a substitute driver during the event (see Mike Kern's post above). So the ONLY way Massey is driving at Indy is if one of the other competitors already entered and thru tech is replaced by him (that is supposing he still has valid credentials).

The rules allow for a substitute driver during the event (see Mike Kern's post above). So the ONLY way Massey is driving at Indy is if one of the other competitors already entered and thru tech is replaced by him (that is supposing he still has valid credentials).
I don't see how his credentials would be effected but we don't know what he did either, that's why Torrance came to mind since both cars are entered. Not sure about how their relationship is either.

As Mike's post of the DRIVER & VEHICLE CHANGE section of the rule book says at the beginning 'IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRESSION OF THE EVENT DIRECTOR". Anyone who thinks NHRA, as the event director, is going to allow Massey to drive anyone's car after being fired by the Don is drinking way to much cool aid. Yes, there are a couple of cars that he could drive - Torrance, Lucas but it ain't going to happen because NHRA is not going to approve the change in driver to Massey and as Randy has said - Does he have a valid license?

As Mike's post of the DRIVER & VEHICLE CHANGE section of the rule book says at the beginning 'IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRESSION OF THE EVENT DIRECTOR". Anyone who thinks NHRA, as the event director, is going to allow Massey to drive anyone's car after being fired by the Don is drinking way to much cool aid. Yes, there are a couple of cars that he could drive - Torrance, Lucas but it ain't going to happen because NHRA is not going to approve the change in driver to Massey and as Randy has said - Does he have a valid license?
I don't care for Massey, but unless you know more than anyone else how can you condemn the guy. Don said he violated a company policy and wouldn't take care of it. So in my opinion NHRA has nothing to do with it either way .I think it's best to forego judgment until we know the violation

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back