Tire Shake = Alzheimer’s (1 Viewer)

To the CPAP users, and side sleepers in the bunch? I know I need one, but can't see it being comfortable.

After over a year of it I will say that if I lay down and forget to put it on I immediate recognize I don't have it on, almost like I'm used to it being part of my nightly routine. While my first reaction is, "Heck with it!" I lay there a second and think..."Why do I NOT want a good night's sleep!" On on it goes.

I posted this on my Facebook Page when I first started using it. Lloyd Bridges showed us the way! Got a lot of laughs.

Hey Larry. Long time no see. :)

In a funny sort of way it's interesting you mentioned that. At the finals last year I had my top Sportsman Camaro pretty wicked up. It took the tires off and shook pretty hard and went sideways the first qualifying run. Even the announcer mentioned how it must have hurt from the announcer's booth. I fixed it by dropping my low gear ratio 10% by the way. At any rate, Monday morning I'm on my computer and I noticed with my right eye that straight lines on the screen had like a whoop-dee-doo about an inch to the right of where I was looking. I booked an appointment with an ophthalmologist who looked at my eyes and said I have the beginning stages of macular degeneration. I asked her if a sudden trauma could have brought it to the surface of my retina and she said it's possible. I'm taking Areds 2 by Bausch & Lomb now and last week on my first follow-up she tells me that it's not progressing and actually looks a little bit better some 10 months later. That was probably one of the reasons why I decided to sell the car the beginning of the year, although macular degeneration does run in my family.
I too take Areds-2 for macular degeneration, particularly in my left eye. Not due to racing; it's hereditary and it blinded my mother before she was my age. I'd say there's actually some small improvement...it's certainly not getting worse. Good luck with it, Randy...hope it doesn't affect your ability to drive your race cars.

After over a year of it I will say that if I lay down and forget to put it on I immediate recognize I don't have it on, almost like I'm used to it being part of my nightly routine. While my first reaction is, "Heck with it!" I lay there a second and think..."Why do I NOT want a good night's sleep!" On on it goes.

I posted this on my Facebook Page when I first started using it. Lloyd Bridges showed us the way! Got a lot of laughs.

I've had mine 4 years and while I'm used to it, I don't like waking up (sometimes more than once) with a terribly dry mouth (I have to use the full mask model due to sinus problems). But it beats dying from sleep apnea and you do feel better after a night of using it. Seems as though our bodies have this strange craving for oxygen.

I've had mine 4 years and while I'm used to it, I don't like waking up (sometimes more than once) with a terribly dry mouth (I have to use the full mask model due to sinus problems). But it beats dying from sleep apnea and you do feel better after a night of using it. Seems as though our bodies have this strange craving for oxygen.

My CPAP machine is set up to use about 1/2 the reservoir of distilled water each night to add humidity. Keeps me from drying out. So far so good.

My wife, Bonnie, has a friend who was diagnosed with Dry Macular Degeneration over 5 years ago and immediately started taking Areds 2. The progression of MD has come to a stop and years later she's doing great. My mom and my grandfather (her dad) had symptoms at age 80 and were in pretty bad shape by age 85. I'm about 66 so unfortunately I'm ahead of schedule. Hopefully Areds 2 halts it for the long haul, but they say it won't fix the damage already done. And they say it doesn't work for everyone. I'm hoping they come up with something clinically proven to stop it soon. They say there are options in the works now.

I've also got my machine set for 1/2-2/3rds of water use per night. It also has helped me with irrigation of my sinuses.
Also before I was waking up at 3am to pee. Since the machine I'm sleeping all night.

Cliff, I'm 71 and my doctor has me take super beta prostate twice a day. I go to bed about 9ish and sleep all night till about 4.30 when I get up to pee and leave for my morning walk

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nascars-alex-bowman-says-he-will-miss-talladega. This is a guy who is in the Playoffs for a whole lot of money. The fact that if you have to get a Dr's release from them to drive again means that the Data they have collected shows you don't need obvious physical wounds to have a perminant problem. Seeing data on a Drag Racing run could easily be recorded and set off an alert if it exceeded known parameters. Not sure how long it takes brain damage to somewhat reset but I bet there is good research. This could also allow a subsitute Driver when being Medically necessary. The difference now from years ago is the Driver (Owner Driver) was always the "Team" but now you can count the Owner Drivers on pretty much one hand which means it's the CAR.

Last edited:
Just read that the IPhone14 has a feature that automatically records a crash and will call 911 if it is severe enough. It measures Cabin Pressure change and Speed change. This technology could easily be adapted toTire (chassis) Shake and send it to a database. OR - maybe just give all the drivers a new Iphone 14 and reprogram it ;).

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back