Smith Fights Tires Shake to Make it to the Finals (1 Viewer)

(10-23-08) Ennis, TX -- “Tricky” Rickie Smith took his Al-Anabi Awesome Motorsports Pro Nitrous car and ran in the Battle of the Belts ADRL World Finals in Ennis, Texas this past weekend. Smith showed his wily veteran skills rather well as he raced his way into the finals, before eventually losing to ADRL Battle of the Belts Champion Billy Harper in the final round.

Smith who has been racing in numerous series’ this year, took his 1963 Nitrous Injected Chevrolet Corvette over the last few days and battled against the world’s best Nitrous drivers.

Fighting tire shake over the last few weeks, Smith knew he may have to pedal his Pro Nitrous machine throughout the weekend if he wanted to go rounds.

Qualifying off points in the seventh position with his Al-Anabi Awesome Motorsports Nitrous Corvette, Smith knew he had to make up some ground during eliminations, and that he did.

Coming from the bottom half of the ladder, Smith proved his worth once again as he drove his way around each of his competitors. Having tire shake each round, Smith pedaled his car not once, but sometimes twice during the elimination rounds as he fought his way to win rounds and make it to the finals.

However, having to run the 2008 ADRL Champion in the final round proved to be too much as Smith had to lift and lost the round.

“We definitely had tire shake all day,” said Smith. “I knew we probably would, so I told myself to just be ready for it. I managed to pedal it during each elimination round and kept winning, so I guess I still got it (laughed Smith). We have some issues to work out with this car, but I am satisfied with how things turned out overall and am looking forward to racing again tomorrow.”

Smith along with the rest of the ADRL crowd will race again tomorrow at the Texas based track.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back