Thoughts on the new cars at Palm Beach (1 Viewer)

Ma Green

Nitro Member
Gee, what a surprise, A.J.'s cars are up at the top already. Yea I know, Tony beat out LD by a whisker. A.J.'s cars a really great looking, hope they don't have to ruin them with stickers. And the new Pro Mod Rickie Smith was driving is gorgeous.

Noticed Beckman hasn't lost the Valvoline sponsorship even though others did. Looks like Matt Hagen is going to do just fine.

Everyone else will be heading for Phoenix next week. Should be interesting.

Lol I can't wait untill after pomona , If the Al Anabi teams takes a win right of the bat then everyone will go on about the same they win all the time stuff that happened when Alan Johnson was with DSR lol . I have said it before and I will say it again , they all have the same stuff the other teams just need to figure out what Alan Johnson is doing that the other teams aren't .

From what I saw on DRC, Mike Green seemed to have a grip on what he was doing with Tony's ride.
There are quite a few new crew chief/driver/team combos out this year. As tough as the economy is there still looks to be some quality racing on the horizon.

Some very impressive times and speeds. However, I think the biggest thing coming out of this weekend was a jump on everyone else for new teams to learn to work together. Can't wait for next weekend!

Lol I can't wait untill after pomona , If the Al Anabi teams takes a win right of the bat then everyone will go on about the same they win all the time stuff that happened when Alan Johnson was with DSR lol . I have said it before and I will say it again , they all have the same stuff the other teams just need to figure out what Alan Johnson is doing that the other teams aren't .

What do the years 2001 & 2009 have in common for Alan Johnson??
Defending TF champion and fielding a FC.................
Final results
Gary Scelzi 5th in TF
Bruce Sarver 6th in FC
I know, a lot has changed but before we hand over both trophies, we should see how things go........:)

Its a little bit more complicated than that im afraid.

Wish I could say who my source was but 70% of the combinations out there in the fuel ranks are 2-3 yr old AJ tune-ups.
Yes the cars look nice...

Anyone catch the note on DRC about Wilk running a radical chassis with a front suspension??? Haven't seen pics of that yet....

Anyone catch the note on DRC about Wilk running a radical chassis with a front suspension??? Haven't seen pics of that yet....

I am also interested in seeing pics of it too Alan. I wonder if it has standard steering or a rack. I think I remember Scotty Cannon trying a rack when he came in to funny car racing and he also had a round steering wheel too.

Gee, what a surprise, A.J.'s cars are up at the top already. Yea I know, Tony beat out LD by a whisker. A.J.'s cars a really great looking, hope they don't have to ruin them with stickers. And the new Pro Mod Rickie Smith was driving is gorgeous.

Noticed Beckman hasn't lost the Valvoline sponsorship even though others did. Looks like Matt Hagen is going to do just fine.

I was told at the Finals last year that Valvoline was pulling all sportsman sponsorships, but staying with Beckman.

Hey Ma, that track is just a few miles from my house. I managed to get in on Sat when my name was added to one of the teams rosters. They had a tight grip on who could come in,,, so it was a surreal treat to have this going on just a stone's throw from where I live. The AJ team is something else, as everything is absolutely new,,, every nut, bolt, wrench, etc.

if tim starts driving over bumps with even 25% more success than
his counterparts, everyone will have this by season end.

Agreed on the extra weight, but maybe the weight transfer is more progressive and it might be nice to have the steering tires on the ground more of the run.

Next to each shock, I was expecting to see either a RacePak suspension travel cylinder OR a suspension limit strap (if the shock wasn't being used to limit travel), but the item next to the shock is not straight (like a Racepak piece would be, or travel limit cable with the tire off the ground).

Assume one of you smart guys can tell me what I'm looking at there.

A.J.'s cars a really great looking, hope they don't have to ruin them with stickers.

When i first seen the renders for the designs a few months ago I thought the very same thing... I was really hoping the car would turn out just like the render and it did.. They look kick ass in my opinion.....

Designs by Justin Spencer of Competitiondesigns.com
AA-AJR-Dixon.jpg

AA-AJR-Worsham.jpg

William, The problem is everybody does not have the same parts as AJ.. Guys out here help me, but when AJ left DSR I read, he took back his leased injector, clutch, blower and some other parts? Is this what happen?

Paul Weiss

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back