The Red Light District (Pro stock bike) (1 Viewer)

camaro

Nitro Member
Is anyone watching Pro stock bike ??. I’m surprised no one has brought up the antics that went on yesterday during the race. Second in points racer steve johnson, who they say was tryin' to physc out angie mcbride by quick staging and ending up with egg on his face, speaking of mcbride who has a bike that barely qualifies, yet has 4 or 5 wins via the red light against some major players and hines, who they say red lighted on all 4 qualifying runs, then tops it off with a staging duel and a subsequent red light against that “killer mcbride bike”. Then there’s chip ellis who goes red against a bike he had nearly 2 tenths on (ouch). I might suggest next time if ya got that much of a performance advantage, don’t even look at the tree just look over into the other lane and just wait til they leave and then go. You will still prolly run him down and its impossible to red light. :D whether u like psb or not its fun to watch (for me at least)

Redlights and PSB go together like peanut butter and jelly. It actually annoys me now. I dont even hardly watch anymore b/c its so ridiculous. There was no way they should have been redlighting against Angie. No offense to her, I like her and pull for Matt, but they could watch her leave and pass her by half track. And for the ones complaining about her, you cant have a staging duel jackass if you just bump in yourself. It takes 2 to tango dummy.

Normally I would not waste the energy to type about PSB.... BUT the deal with Angie and Steve Johnson, and then Angie and Hines was by far the best stuff out of the bike catagory in YEARS. They need to do something to spice it up, and that was it. Congrats to Angie! She did her own deal, and let the others mess up, and that's exactly what they did.

Normally I would not waste the energy to type about PSB.... BUT the deal with Angie and Steve Johnson, and then Angie and Hines was by far the best stuff out of the bike catagory in YEARS. They need to do something to spice it up, and that was it. Congrats to Angie! She did her own deal, and let the others mess up, and that's exactly what they did.

I incorporate this entire post as my own :) Dead on, word for word.

A friend of mine was watching a few minutes of the bikes run and turned to me with the most incredible look on his face

"Why would anybody red-light against that girl? I would be late just so I could look at her butt!"

I countered with they wanted to get in front of her to look at her chest.

A friend of mine was watching a few minutes of the bikes run and turned to me with the most incredible look on his face

"Why would anybody red-light against that girl? I would be late just so I could look at her butt!"

I countered with they wanted to get in front of her to look at her chest.

:eek: Dayum, Jenn!!!

PSB needs delay boxes. Period.

Let's see...NHRA could speed the duration of the ambers to a point where a rider would have to be guessing, staged way too deep, or suffering a mechanical gremlin in order to go red. Cost vs. Benefit: Very low cost solution that doesn't provide a single "red" cent (no pun intended) in benefit.

Or...NHRA could allow PSB teams to install commercially available delay boxes from companies (read-major and contingency sponsors) that currently offer them to sportsman classes. Deadenbear (an Auto Meter company), Biondo, K&R, and Digital Delay, to name a few, all stand to benefit from this new source of revenue. Cost vs. Benefit: Zero cost (except for the function of a rule revision) that results in trickle-down benefit from these manufacturers that are also NHRA sponsors...they sell product...they post contingency money in PSB...they spend more in annual marketing dollars with NHRA...racing gets even closer and more cut-throat than it is now...riders will no longer have a point of contention with NHRA...and the spectators get green light racing again.

Craig Treble has more experience with delay boxes on motorcycles than probably anyone in the class. Don't forget that when he's not riding at an NHRA national event, he's bracket racing a low-eight-second Suzuki...with a box.

I get your point, but, on the other side, you're talking only something like 30 PSB teams? Dedenbear sells a few more boxes, at a couple hundred bucks a piece, that's hardly a big economic effect... And you add new complexity to every bike. Or you go into the Compulink system and change a setting once for everybody.

Whatever... From what I understand the Pros are asking for widespread changes in the lights -- the ".400" light isn't that after the LEDs were introduced. The FC drivers want their RTs to look better, the PSB drivers want fewer red lights, and so on. They are petitioning for NHRA to change it for every class.

As far as not having to redlight against Angie is concerned, Matt said this himself "she is on one of my bikes, so we know it's fast". So, what's the possibility of her bike being detuned for qualifying so she runs one of the other countdown riders, and then putting it on kill for eliminations? The rest of the riders coulsn't take it so easy then. That may be what's making them push the tree.

As far as not having to redlight against Angie is concerned, Matt said this himself "she is on one of my bikes, so we know it's fast". So, what's the possibility of her bike being detuned for qualifying so she runs one of the other countdown riders, and then putting it on kill for eliminations? The rest of the riders coulsn't take it so easy then. That may be what's making them push the tree.

the problem with that is, if they were sandbaggin' during qualifying, u would think they would turn her loose during eliminations but she has yet to run the same numbers as Matt in qualifying or eliminations so ..........

I love the bike class, Sunday was fun to watch. Craig Treble didn't play her games, he just rolled in immediately and ran his own lane. Other riders should take note!:D

Just want to say, that this post heading wins thread title name of the year. Very clever. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back