The Houston Monsoon.... (1 Viewer)

Toejam

Nitro Member
Wow....I haven't seen Rain like this since Indy in 2003! Most of the day it was just a Drizzle to steady, starting and stopping about 4 times, till about 4 PM. The skies opened up Brutal! Water was Over a Foot deep at a few Intersections, cars were stalled out everywhere! The Thunder was like what you see in the Movies, it even knocked out Power at the Hotel briefly....tomorrow doesn't look much better! And they said it was a 30% chance of Rain today!

Whenever it floods around here it's either got a name, or it happens on a 30% chance of rain day.

We'll be rooting for lots of racing tomorrow ... we are hoping to come out for the test session on Monday, and that won't happen if the race is not over!

Having been to Reading all but 4 years of the race's existence, I have seen my share of rain delays/rain-outs. Yesterday was some of the hardest rain I have ever seen at a race track. The drive home yesterday from the track was absolutely crazy, you couldn't see 5ft in front of the car. Over by my house we got about 5 inches of rain out of that system. The positive side of this is that should take care of any drought concerns the area had. I am off to the track now, hopefully we stay dry.

Having been to Reading all but 4 years of the race's existence, I have seen my share of rain delays/rain-outs. Yesterday was some of the hardest rain I have ever seen at a race track. The drive home yesterday from the track was absolutely crazy, you couldn't see 5ft in front of the car. Over by my house we got about 5 inches of rain out of that system. The positive side of this is that should take care of any drought concerns the area had. I am off to the track now, hopefully we stay dry.

Paul, today I was talking to a gal in the Grimeboss display that said they had a Tornado watch last night, and NHRA was going around telling everybody to tie everything down as best they can!

Plus they cancelled Comp on Down for Houston, 10 years ago Similar happened at Gainesville, but they raced Super Stock on Down at Orlando Speedworld IIRC. Why couldn't they do that with Houston?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back