Monsoon (1 Viewer)

yoda

Nitro Member
Tucson's East side took a pretty heavy monsoon rain hit tonight, dropping over 3" of rain on the already oversaturated desert ground in 4 hours. Washes over here were running at flood stage, with depths over 8' reported... A fire and rescue team, on a call to rescue a stranded driver was caught between two flood plains down the road from Southwestern Int'l. Raceway.

Local news reports a micro-burst that lingered over the fairgrounds where the track is located, with torrential rains and 50mph wind gusts that lasted here at the house for well over an hour.

I fly to ATL in the AM; if anyone hears about the condition of the track tomorrow, can you put an update here? Thanks

We're going through our Normal Summer Monsoon's here as well! Tuesday night about an inch of rain fell in just a half hour, it's been pounding for about 4-5 days now!

I heard that my shop got flooded, but it will dry out. There's nothing on the floor that can get hurt.

Alan

We're going through our Normal Summer Monsoon's here as well! Tuesday night about an inch of rain fell in just a half hour, it's been pounding for about 4-5 days now!

We've missed the major microbursts here. Last year we had one that soaked us with 6 inches in some parts of our property because the drainage system was overrun.

About 10 years ago I was working at a steel mill in Arizona and It had rained about 4 inches one night. The next day I went into work and the whole place was shut down. I asked why and they said that it had rained last night. It only rained a few inches! Then someone explained to a dumb Iowa farm kid that rock does not soak up water very well. It had gotten into all of the equiptment and messed everything up. Not a pretty sight. 4 inches of rain in Iowa doesn't even get the grass wet, but in the desert it is shuts everything down.

Sorry to hear about the shop, A... Are you home to bail it out?

This much rainfall has given me the reason to build that new deck in the backyard- just so I can be above the ground when the water starts coming....:eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back