The Gauntlet has been thrown in Pro Stock! (1 Viewer)

vegasnitro

Nitro Member
From Allen Johnson's Facebook:

"Bradenton test session update: 6.498 @ 213.06 First in the fours for a Pro Stocker!!"

:eek:

If I'm not mistaken, that's the first 213mph run also. Looks like the predictions in this weeks National Dragster will hold true if the air and track are there!

Great run! But, the obvious question has to be asked, was the car nhra legal on that run? And, if not, how far off was it?

Great run! But, the obvious question has to be asked, was the car nhra legal on that run? And, if not, how far off was it?

WJ always said it made no sense to test in anything but a legal car. I'm confident the car was legal. That pass is only a hand full of hundredths of a second quicker than he ran last year...as well as several others in the '50s. I wouldn't be surprised to see Anderson and Edwards in the high 40's as well.

I heard that he had staged with the rear wheels and he wheelstood through the first speed trap, hence the low ET and high speed..... ;-)

Seriously, awesome run by my favorite Pro Stock team.

Well AJ sets the bar, the question is which national event will get it first and where the record is at season's end.

Gainesville, Charlotte or E-town, one of those 3 can get it first. Pomona is a sleeper of the group.

The conditions will play the factor.

Nice run for J&J.......it wasn't at a national event, so what does it really matter? As a couple of people have already mentioned, AJ's biggest problem has been consistency, not HP!

Why WOULDN'T the car be legal???:confused:

What possible benefit would he get from running a cat that's not built according to the rule?? It wouldn't do him a lick of good.

It's called "testing" right?? How do you find out what a car wants at speed, unless you make it go that fast?? Trust me it 'll do lots of good. ;);)

Absolutely, Paul. Not to mention the obvious benefit, which is all the ink he and his sponsors are getting right now, regardless of the validity of the run.

Besides, this seems to happen every year with someone. I can't remember the last time anyone's earth-shaking pre-season performance translated into a championship. Not to say past champs didn't test well in pre-season; I'm saying ones that made runs that left everyone talking about it like this one. Until it happens at a National Event it's good for little more than water cooler banter.

My money is still on the GM cars. ;)

Sean D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back