The "all new, bells and whistles, singing and dancing" NHRA.com down??? (1 Viewer)

The Mighty

Nitro Member
As the title...

Is the new site down for everyone or is it just us guys on this side of the atlantic that can't connect to it?

Looks like those guys have taken one step forward and twenty back to me. I think its becoming quite clear that the people involved make better "web designers" than they do "web developers".

Hi Chris,
Just wondering the same. All I have found is a blank white page for the past three days. Began to wonder if it was my PC.

Is this happening in the US too?

NHRA took a very nice, easily navigated website and turned it into an overcomplicated, unuseable mess. Kind of the same thing they have done with Drag Racing itself.

In truth they've probably just blocked a range of IP adresses which are overseas because the site can't even handle the traffic it gets in the US nevermind worldwide!

NHRA took a very nice, easily navigated website and turned it into an overcomplicated, unuseable mess. Kind of the same thing they have done with Drag Racing itself.

It appears to be change for the sake of change. I find it to be not very user friendly and will cease viewing it except on very rare occasions.

I find it to be not very user friendly and will cease viewing it except on very rare occasions.

Regrettably, I feel the same. Used to be always open in one tab in my browser. Was a daily visit. Not so, since the "upgrade". Too bad.

The old site was stale and dated. Things were inconsistent, hard to find, formats were tough to read. It was clearly a site that grew up over time, much like kudzu. Needed a refresh. Unfortunately, they went over the top, and the flashy "singing and dancing" took priority over the usable. Ugh.

In an effort to be fair, I've waited and tried to live with it.
It's just not working out.
I am visting the site less and less since the makeover.
Only go back for the blogs now.

*edit: I want to add that aside from the slower loading, all the graphics and stuff, there isn't any worthwhile content. It's all fluff.

Last edited:
Is the new site down for everyone or is it just us guys on this side of the atlantic that can't connect to it?
I'm based up in Sweden and have the same problems as my UK brethren. I haven't been able to access NHRA.com for two days and thought it was due to the regular teething problems common to most new IT-infrastructures. Not too happy about these indications that us ferreners are the only ones having problems.

Don't want to come across as an NHRA basher but this is very disappointing to say the least.

Regards
PiPPi
http://HarleyDrags.com

It appears to be change for the sake of change. I find it to be not very user friendly and will cease viewing it except on very rare occasions.

Same here. It's also unloadable on phone web browsers like mobile web on verizon. Used to be able to get results on my phone but no more.

I personally don't like putting up just a picture as a link to a story in the headlines. I would rather see the headlines in print, then click. All the hub-bub and glitz should be based around the multimedia section or whatever. I want information first.

Just curious what kinda systems do you guys have? It loads the whole site in under 10 seconds for me.... I find it alot more pleasing then the old site and visit more often then i used to... Matter of fact it loads alot faster then the mater does for me.....

Pentium quad core 2.4
3 gb of low latency ram
ati HD 4850 video card
and comcast high speed cable internet
I use either firefox or IE7 for browser

10 seconds is an eternity these days..........

UPDATE:
It just took 3 seconds to completely load here. Public WIFI and a standard Dell lappy.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back