The 70th Big Go 2024 (1 Viewer)

mick

Nitro Member
hope for good weather so the biggest race of the year can complete all classes.
great to see paul lee announced as last entry to the all-star callout ...... j. line driving a hess car in hemi shootout ......
ida z. and jack b. will draw huge crowds ...... scag hospitality to host celebration of life for roger richards ......
might take a -.90 to qualify for 128 car STK field

Big fields (at least a bump) for the Pro classes TF 19, FC 20, PS 22, PSM 17.
TAD 16, TAFC 10 (disappointing, enjoy these cars).
Huge sportsman fields.
Autumn Hight in SC.

It will be my first trip to Indy. Any must do or must avoid situations would be greatly appreciated.

It will be my first trip to Indy. Any must do or must avoid situations would be greatly appreciated.

Slightly O-T, but I recommend a trip to Indianapolis Motor Speedway while you are in town. Check out the museum, and take the tour around the track. It's well worth a visit.

Another thought for us hard-core fans is to go to Brownsville (not far from the track) and drive around the Industrial park for 15 or 20 minutes to see where most of our drag racing team shops are. There aren't as many shops as say 2005, but it is still fun to see where everyone is based and where most of the work gets done between races.

Last edited:
Visit the riverwalk area. It is really nice.
Plus, there is an awesome lighted all-glass memorial with the names of everybody who earned and was awarded The Medal of Honor.
Monument Circle is another place to see.

I envy you that. My first was in 1971. Wish I could relive it. ;)
Roger that was my first U.S. Nationals as well, I was a little kid and my dad was running A/A in Comp Eliminator. I have so many memories from that race, including seeing Don Garlits in the pits, and my dad introducing me to Wild Willie Borsch. Also, that was still the era of racers having to bring their cars/trailers back to the hotel every day, it was wild!
Mel, take Jon's advice and visit Brownsburg, in fact, go Thursday night if you can and attend Cruz Pedregon's open house.

Roger that was my first U.S. Nationals as well, I was a little kid and my dad was running A/A in Comp Eliminator. I have so many memories from that race, including seeing Don Garlits in the pits, and my dad introducing me to Wild Willie Borsch. Also, that was still the era of racers having to bring their cars/trailers back to the hotel every day, it was wild!
Mel, take Jon's advice and visit Brownsburg, in fact, go Thursday night if you can and attend Cruz Pedregon's open house.
Are you planning on running your A/Fuel FC at Indy this year?

Slightly O-T, but I recommend a trip to Indianapolis Motor Speedway while you are in town. Check out the museum, and take the tour around the track. It's well worth a visit.

Another thought for us hard-core fans is to go to Brownsville (not far from the track) and drive around the Industrial park for 15 or 20 minutes to see where most of our drag racing team shops are. There aren't as many shops as say 2005, but it is still fun to see where everyone is based and where most of the work gets done between races.
Agree with the visit to the Speedway. You will not believe the scope of that place and the actual racetrack until you're on it. The museum is excellent too.

Are you planning on running your A/Fuel FC at Indy this year?
Sadly not this year, I’ve had to devote my attention to business this year, but it’ll be out at some point, and I’m hoping to be much more active in ‘25. Thanks for asking Chris, are you attending this year?

Sadly not this year, I’ve had to devote my attention to business this year, but it’ll be out at some point, and I’m hoping to be much more active in ‘25. Thanks for asking Chris, are you attending this year?
Sorry to hear you won’t make it this year. Yeah I’ll be there. Always one of the best races every year.

Nunzio, my dad ran a fairly successful A/A back in the sixties..................

Attachments

• smith-pic-4.jpg
    smith-pic-4.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 46
Nunzio, my dad ran a fairly successful A/A back in the sixties..................
That's awesome! I remember reading that fuel tuner Todd Smith's dad ran A/A in that same era, dumb question, are you guys related?

I have a parking question. There was a spot off of East county rd 300 on the east side of the pro pits I used to park at. But now its a truck parking lot. Can you buy a red key pass ? Any suggestions would be great.

I have a parking question. There was a spot off of East county rd 300 on the east side of the pro pits I used to park at. But now its a truck parking lot. Can you buy a red key pass ? Any suggestions would be great.
Yeah it sucks that's nolonger available for parking.

I've never known Gold or Red Key being for sale. I would check on NHRA's website or the IRP website to see if they have preferred parking passes for sale.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back