The 2019 March Meet (1 Viewer)

i wanted to go friday,but i might wait tell sat.funny how different to weather can be from la to there.one race last year i didnt know if i could get back home.

For the fourth year in a row we are going to sit the March Meet out and wait for Drag Fest and ANRA in April. We grew tired of sitting around in the rain and getting pushed aside for the nitro cars.

This year I'm a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance worker preparing tax returns for people on Saturdays. So, I too will be missing the fun. *IF* I have a chance *maybe* I'll drive over there Sunday barring weather. IDK.

March Meet is awesome. Gotta be one of my favorite events.

I should point out that we're not gripping, just see it for what it is. Some of us are limited on vacation time at work and see no point to spend it sitting around in cold damp weather. We may drive up on Saturday just to spectate, but then again we may stay home and watch on the web.

https://tickets.thefoat.com/FamosoR...od+Vibrations+March+Meet/tickets/event-35232/

I had to pry my son out to go up on Wednesday. He has a business to run but I got him to go. Tell your dad I said hello. Sorry we are going to miss you.

A couple forecasts show Saturday to be cool but the best day, and Sunday okay. But they may have some weather Thursday & Friday for qualifying....
It will depend on the forecast not changing for me to go..... It's such a great race I hate to miss it.

Dunn and Dixon are doing color on the internet show. Jason Galvin will do top end and pit interviews. The PA will be part of the internet just like last year.

Gino, I'll give you your $20 for the kind words:)

Dang it. They're cracking my dad open Wednesday and I can't remember the last time he missed a meet if ever.

I was looking forward to listening to you Mike. I'm sorry we haven't heard much from you lately. I hope you are doing well.

- light'm up

*edit
So we will be hearing you too Mike?

Last edited:
the REAL racers and REAL race fans will be there regardless of the weather forecast. 2016 seattle. had to dry the track a couple times. looked like it was about to rain at any minute that weekend. the AA/FC record book was tossed in the recycle bin. waited in the parking lot some 3 hours till the final round was called off sunday. one of the best races i have been to. seeing that AA/FC record book reset 8x in the same weekend? priceless. a REAL race fan will be there at the march meet regardless of the weather forecast. no other dragstrip has ever made waste of the AA/FC record book like pacific raceway did in 2016. .

Last edited:
the REAL racers and REAL race fans will be there regardless of the weather forecast. 2016 seattle. had to dry the track a couple times. looked like it was about to rain at any minute that weekend. the AA/FC record book was tossed in the recycle bin. waited in the parking lot some 3 hours till the final round was called off sunday. one of the best races i have been to. seeing that AA/FC record book reset 8x in the same weekend? priceless. a REAL race fan will be there at the march meet regardless of the weather forecast. no other dragstrip has ever made waste of the AA/FC record book like pacific raceway did in 2016. .

This is so true! I am one who can't wait to leave the house & get to the track. Usually among the first in line at the spectator gate. I leave when they say racing is over for the day & even then will crusie the pits sometimes, especially at the national event at Wild Horse. I remember going to the drags in SoCalif when it was raining hard, hoping the rain would stop & get to see some racing. Sometimes yes & sometimes no, but there would always be a bunch of hard core racers with their cars there. Got to meet some racers that way.

Is there an enry list somewhere on the web, or can someone list who they know will be there for Nostalgia FC, and 5.99 FC?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back