That Aaron Stanfield Kid......... (1 Viewer)

mikebcurve

Nitro Member
What a chip off the old block. He sure has been racking up round wins in pro stock and the sportsman ranks at the same time. While the former champs in pro stock have been watching each other he has snuck up on everyone with consistent performance. I’d love to see him take the championship this year. His dad was so close a few times. If it wasn’t for KB dominance I’d say Greg Stanfield would have a pro stock title or two. I find it very enjoyable to watch the young guys challenge the veterans. Reminds me of Dave Connolly keeping Anderson and WJ on their toes.

What a wheel stand from Aaron’s factory stock car! Very cool! Everyone take notice. New rule. You need to do a half track wheel stand if you want to qualify at the top, lol.

This one ^^^^ is just a warmup Stanfield wheelstand....I don't have the video but it's toward the end of yesterday's Fox coverage in Denver, if you have it recorded. Aaron did a perfect Hurst Hemi Under Glass impression, nearly standing his Camaro straight up, and wound up on the other side of the stripe.

No way keep those bars adjusted the way he has them. Which car would you rather watch? The car that just leaves the line or a car with a huge wheelie off the starting line?

In my opinion, this was the best full competitive run, wheel stand I've ever seen. A run where the driver kept his foot in it the whole way and after coming down still ran a really good time (I believe the run put him #2 in the field at the time). I've seen the Hemi Under Glass, I've seen Ed "The Outlaw" Jones but those are show vehicles not running competitive times. I've seen guys go up higher on their back bumper and slam back down, I've even seen Top Fuelers go up and then blow over backwards. But I had never seen a car carry the front wheels for 300' and still run well enough to move into one of the top qualifying positions of their respective class. It was a run I will never forget. Kudos to Stanfield on the great driving job all weekend, especially in eliminations when the wheel stand went too high and he had to get out of it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back