Thank you Ty Runyan (1 Viewer)

staggerlee

Nitro Member
What a cool guy. If you know Troy Buff at all, you know then that he is a very personable guy and extremely accomodating. this story of meeting Cole and Ty Runyan is a little similar to his meeting years ago with team owners Tim and Renee' Coghlan. Sponsors...don't let this guy get away!!! How great is our God!!

Very cool story indeed.
I can't believe the guy didn't want his company dispalyed somewhere on the car though. It's very cool of him just to put his son's name all over it...but it would make good business sense just to put it somewhere on there.

NHRA News: First-year Top Fuel racer picks up a unique sponsor for Auto Club Finals (11/6/2006)

Normally I would agree with you, as if my opinion matters :rolleyes:, but consider this - There are two threads on this website alone about it & the story will dominate the airwaves every time Troy Buff comes to the line in Pomona, both at the track and on ESPN2 - Titus Electrical is getting plenty o' ink, regardless of how big the sticker on the side of the car is...

On a side note - another thread discusses a blocker being hired in Top Fuel. How many people are afraid of this car lining up next to them on the starting line? I bet at least a few of 'em are.

P.S. I agree that what Ty is doing is awesome for both his son & for Troy Buff. It's good to see "being nice" paying off for Troy & the team...

Last edited:
ya know Troy is giving up his shot at ROY next year by driving this gig. taking one for the team as it were. I don't think you will see anything less than full tilt racing out of these guys come Sunday.

Go Troy Go

Imagine a dad taking his 15 and 12 old sons year sons to the track. A driver takes the time to bring the youngest across the barrier tape and shows him around the pit and car, gives him a blown blower belt the young man hangs on his wall. The next several races he looks for him on ESPN and his new hero isn't there, so dad writes him to tell him how profound the experience was for Cole. The driver tells him how much the email meant - he's been down due to sponsorship shortfalls. So dad talks to the team owners and California Here We Come!!! Yes my friend, the Lord does move us all in mysterious and glorious ways, to serve each other!
For Cole.....Go Troy Go!!!
Ty (Daddy) Runyan

Way cool, Ty! Thanks for helping Troy make it to Pomona and thanks for stopping by the mater to visit with us!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back