Thank You Phil (1 Viewer)

sammi

Nitro Member
When turning on my computer, the first place I go is to check out Phil Burgess' column on NHRA.COM. He has created an amazing rolling history of the sport we all love so very much. His format- throw out an idea, concept or name and stand back-has caught fire among those of us who treasure the history of this sport. Wedge dragsters to now ramp trucks, the amazing history of drag racing is being assembled in "cloud" fashion and I love it.

What is cool about Phil is he hasn't lost the infatuation of a teenager who sees the sport for the first time. I think we can all agree that this NHRA employee gets it. Here's an idea-let's try and get him on the board of directors. It would be kinda neat to have someone on it who really likes and understands the sport.

Phil has always been great for the sport, and he always makes sure to take the time to respond to his readers.:cool:

Wow! The Ivo column is a real tour de force. THAT about sets the bar for anyone wanting to do drag racing history right.

Features

Mark

Wow! The Ivo column is a real tour de force. THAT about sets the bar for anyone wanting to do drag racing history right.

Features

Mark
Ya tree'd me, Mark.

Just finished that and it blew me away..Ivo is a nut. (great pics!!) Might have to get his book that's coming out..great stuff.

LOL..swapping Snake's shampoo for 10wt.

That's an amazing story on Ivo, I remember as a kid seeing a spread on the truck with the Corvette on top in Hot Rod magazine in 1970. Great memories.

Ya know, every old dude at the track probably has a story or three to tell of their time with the sport they love. I hope they find a way to tell their story before they take the last turn off.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back