Thank you Fox! (1 Viewer)

I have NHRA.TV, but I was keeping an eye on Fox. Amazing they stayed with the race for over six hours. Viewers got to see some fantastic racing because of it.

I've sent them a thank you via Twitter.

I'm glad they stayed with the race. But, will somebody please tell Brian and Tony to please shut up once the cars are staged? I want to crank up my stereo so I can hear the engines, but I can't because those two are constantly yapping.

I'm glad they stayed with the race. But, will somebody please tell Brian and Tony to please shut up once the cars are staged? I want to crank up my stereo so I can hear the engines, but I can't because those two are constantly yapping.
I agree except its always Lohnes talking lol. Talks WAY to much. Otherwise it was great

Thank you Fox indeed..they stuck with our sport when ESPN routinely dropped our finals for obscure collegiate underwater basket weaving...as far as lohneses fervor...remember, especially when on a national feed , he isnt talking to us...hes doing his best to draw in the non drag racing fan...and he does an excellent job in my opinion...as for t ped...and I am the furthest person to ever give him any compliment...he actually has come leaps and bounds and didnt screw up too many things...once he stops being a lap dog for cruz and bt3...he wont be as terrible as hes always been...I didnt have the opportunity to hear Alan but Im sure he could knock it out of the broadcasting park as it were with a broken leg and laryngitis

I’ve been begging them to fix the audio so we could hear the cars since the ‘80’s, they will not do it, they want the “superstar” announcers yelling to “build excitement”, getting tired of Brian announcing the winners before the race also. Can’t fix stupid.

Thanks to the Fox network for broadcasting until the end. I hope they read the comments on here and do the same the next time there is a rain delay.
Next stop is Gainesville. Hope there's no hurricane that weekend. Seems like the NHRA is a magnet for bad weather.
Sure glad I set my DVR to record past the scheduled stop time! I learned that lesson the hard way.

This isn’t an advertisement but I have Youtube TV and a couple features really help my race recordings. First, unlimited virtual DVR. Never have to erase shows and it records NHRA on all channels with one click. Second, if a live event runs long, it continues to record to the end. Somehow it knows when the program really ends and often it will show the length of the show as 3 hours, 24 minutes for example. No more recording FS1, FS2 and Fox for multiple timeslots each hoping to catch it all.
And Yes, thank you Fox for showing it all. I didn’t Look to see what they pushed aside to do it but I suspect it’s because live sports are missing in Covid times. Football season will be different but glad they did the big event.

I’ve been begging them to fix the audio so we could hear the cars since the ‘80’s, they will not do it, they want the “superstar” announcers yelling to “build excitement”, getting tired of Brian announcing the winners before the race also. Can’t fix stupid.
I think he just likes to hear himself talk. Id sign up for nhratv if their was an option to play without announcers, but of course their isnt lol. He thinks he has to talk until the green light comes on

Talks way too fast. Don't tell me something is exciting. Give me the info and I think I can figure it out. Maybe get someone who understands Comp Eliminator to explain it to new viewers.

Thanks for showing a wide variety of cars and classes. I really enjoyed that. Thanks for finally giving Bruno the props he deserves as a serious competitor. A turbo methanol J2Z, no shit!

Doublebulb Jack.... no panache.

I think Brian is fantastic at his job. However, I do agree, less is more when it comes to talk before the run. I think more drama can be created by stopping any discussion as the cars are about to stage and playing with camera angles to get the TV audience amped up.

This isn’t an advertisement but I have Youtube TV and a couple features really help my race recordings. First, unlimited virtual DVR. Never have to erase shows and it records NHRA on all channels with one click. Second, if a live event runs long, it continues to record to the end. Somehow it knows when the program really ends and often it will show the length of the show as 3 hours, 24 minutes for example. No more recording FS1, FS2 and Fox for multiple timeslots each hoping to catch it all.
And Yes, thank you Fox for showing it all. I didn’t Look to see what they pushed aside to do it but I suspect it’s because live sports are missing in Covid times. Football season will be different but glad they did the big event.
Thanks for the input on YouTube TV. I been thinking about signing up for it, this may cause me to flip that switch. As far as what was pushed aside, it was a show about the Miami Dolphins new quarterback, Tau something or another and the other was a TMZ show about uh, uh. Oh well, who cares?

This is most time I've been watching Nhra.Tv had a lot of friends racing. I love Sportsman racing

All that was said about Youtube TV is true....I am going to save over $1200 this year (actually from March to March, cut the cable just as the pandemic was starting) because I only pay for the internet and YT TV. Sucks that they raised the price from $50 to 64.99 during that time but still worth it. Bought 2 Firesticks and 2 Fire TV's (already installed inside the tv)
I now can watch YTTV on my computer, my iphone anywhere or grab the Amazon Firestick off of the tv and take it with me on vacation, as long as the tv there has a HDMI port. Your content follows you.
The online DVR means I don't have to worry about missing anything anymore....it allows you to set up a library of whatever you want. Mine has NHRA, River Monsters, quite a few shows on MotorTrend TV, some FOX news shows (gotta have Gutfeld!) and all the Formula 1 shows which are confusing because they play at all hours...usually early. The way the unlimited DVR works is if the show is available on demand, it won't "tape" it but links it to you when asked for it. If it isn't available, it holds your content for 9 months before purging it. Now to find a way to record some of those on my personal equipment before they go away....

Last edited:
Thanks for the input on YouTube TV. I been thinking about signing up for it, this may cause me to flip that switch. As far as what was pushed aside, it was a show about the Miami Dolphins new quarterback, Tau something or another and the other was a TMZ show about uh, uh. Oh well, who cares?
The local FOX channel here had a movie scheduled...Snowday

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back