Texas Concealed Handgun Class (1 Viewer)

Joker

Nitro Member
For all my fellow Texas area maters who might be interested......

Just wanted to let you all know that an ex Texas Ranger, a buddy of mine know's will be holding a Texas Concealed Handgun Course here in Houston on Friday June 8th and Saturday June 9th. Its from 6 to 10 on Friday night and from 8 to 1 or 2 on Saturday just depending. The cost of the course is $125 and that includes all ammo, targets, and lunch. He will fill out your papers and give you your class completion certificate and then its up to you to send them in to the state with payment for the license. If anyone is interested, just let me know and I will get you the details

He includes ammo AND lunch in his class??!! SWEET!

I'm not due yet, but does he do renewals as well?

He includes ammo AND lunch in his class??!! SWEET!

I'm not due yet, but does he do renewals as well?

Kel I am not sure if he does or doesnt but I would guess so. He lives down in Port Lavacu or somewhere but he is good friends with my best friend and he told him he would drive here and do for him those 2 days b/c we have like 10 of us that want to do it.

Most of them around here are $100 and higher and they dont cover ammo so I thought it was a pretty nice deal. I will find out about the renewals though.

Kelly, I just talked to my best friend and he does do renewals. He is going to find out what he charges for that as well tonight and let me know.

That is a good deal! I paid $150 for the class here in Minnesota and it only included targets..... no lunch or ammo.

We used 50 rounds during our range test. Depending what brand of ammo you prefer, 50 rounds of .45 could cost between $20 to $50....... plus lunch! :D

Last edited:
I would give up the free lunch and ammo in trade for say, live targets... :eek: You know, some Texas Justice... :D

Not being from your Great State, what are the requirements to carry a CW?? :eek:

To be eligible for a license to carry a concealed handgun, an applicant must be at least 21, and fully qualified under federal and state law to purchase a handgun. Licenses are available to Texas residents and residents of states that do not provide for the issuance of a license. Nonresident applicants may qualify by meeting the eligibility requirements, other than residency requirements. An applicant is not eligible for a license if any of the following factors exist:
• Felony conviction at any time, including an order of probation or deferred adjudication
• Class A or B misdemeanor or Disorderly Conduct conviction within five years preceding the date of application, including an order of probation or deferred adjudication
• Chemical dependency
• Incapability of exercising sound judgment with respect to proper use and storage of a handgun
• Current pending criminal charge for a felony, Class A or B misdemeanor, or Disorderly Conduct, or status as a fugitive from justice for any of the preceding charges
• Final determination of delinquency in the payment of tax or other monies collected by the comptroller, the tax collector of a political subdivision of the state, or any agency or subdivision of the state
• Final determination of default on a student loan
• Current restriction under a court protective order or a restraining order affecting the spousal relationship
• Adjudication within 10 years preceding the application date, of engaging in delinquent conduct violating a penal law of the grade of felony (juvenile offenses)
• Any material misrepresentation or failure to disclose any material fact in the application.

I am also surprised as to how many other state's residents can carry here but we can't carry in their state. :rolleyes:

I guess we have it easier here in Oregon. All I had to do was take a NRA approved course, pass a written test and background check and then schedule my appointment to get fingerprinted and pic taken. A few weeks later my permit was in my mailbox.

I took my class at the Clackamas Public Safety Training center which at the time was ran by Clackamas Community College and is now owned by the Clackamas County Sheriff's Dept.

What's odd about Texas is, if your state doesn't offer concealed handgun licenses, just come to Texas and get one of ours. How's that for Texas hospitality? :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back