Terry McMillen (1 Viewer)

I was kind of wondering the same thing. Terry did break his ankle back in February but not sure if that is still an issue. Comp Plus had an article about Wendland helping Mercier get the car setup and training the crew but oddly enough there was no mention of McMillen at that time.
Yeah, in the article about his broken leg he stated they were still on to debut at the Gators. Then in late March, it was announced Amalie came on with the team as an associate sponsor.

I did see that Wedland was/is going through some health issues and a divorce.

Fwiw, I don’t think Amalie Oil is with him any more. He made a post on instagram a while back about it.
Somewhat related, but does anyone know how big Amalie is and why? I never see it in stores, never knew anyone who uses it etc. Must be commercial business?

Somewhat related, but does anyone know how big Amalie is and why? I never see it in stores, never knew anyone who uses it etc. Must be commercial business?
The company was the first to sell multi-grade motor oil and is currently North America's largest private, independent blender of motor oils and industrial lubricants.[2] Amalie primarily produces private label products for companies such as Walmart, O'Reilly Auto Parts, Advance Auto Parts, Carquest and AutoZone but is starting to sell its own branded products more widely.[3] The company also owns the Wolf's Head brand.[4]

I remember as a kid that they always had these colored handout cards in the auto department in Sears stores.
6.jpg
7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg
9.jpg

Yeah, they've been in the sport for a very long time.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    503.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    506 KB · Views: 22
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    594.5 KB · Views: 21
The company was the first to sell multi-grade motor oil and is currently North America's largest private, independent blender of motor oils and industrial lubricants.[2] Amalie primarily produces private label products for companies such as Walmart, O'Reilly Auto Parts, Advance Auto Parts, Carquest and AutoZone but is starting to sell its own branded products more widely.[3] The company also owns the Wolf's Head brand.[4]
Please correct if wrong... Back in the '70s Amalie Oil was a huge sponsor of AA/FC and AA/TF racing. The product was found in many family owned auto parts stores and jobbers. Used it my self and was very satisfied. If I remember right back in the day it was owned and produced by the Whitco Oil Company, who also owned/produced Kendal Gt oil. I believe it was labeled "Penn Grade" whatever that was. Please respond with any corrections!

Please correct if wrong... Back in the '70s Amalie Oil was a huge sponsor of AA/FC and AA/TF racing. The product was found in many family owned auto parts stores and jobbers. Used it my self and was very satisfied. If I remember right back in the day it was owned and produced by the Whitco Oil Company, who also owned/produced Kendal Gt oil. I believe it was labeled "Penn Grade" whatever that was. Please respond with any corrections!
In the 60's and 70's Amalie competed vs Penzoil for market share and was very popular with performance folks. It was a Pennsylvania Company originally. Sun Oil owned it until 1997 but don't know how they got it.

Thx for the replies on Amalie. I suspect many companies rely on similar industrial and private label markets. Often wondered about Lucas as well since it’s another I never see at retail for average cars and trucks.

Update from Terry's Facebook, coming from someone who is also dealing with a bulging disc I can understand his pain. And I could not imagine dealing with that on top of the high G's that happen in a dragster. I hope his surgery goes well and he recovers well.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back