Terry McMillen (1 Viewer)

everybody always says 'what if the four big multi-car teams pulled out!?, the sport would fold immediately'
no it wouldn't; there would be more independents showing up / starting up and it would be a breathe
of fresh air....the show would be better....more real rivalries would exist....multi-car teams should have
been limited to 2 cars many years ago.
Are you positive that more cars would show up and how do you know this? A lot of fans said that if Nhra dropped the ban on testing that there would be a massive increase in match racing also, but i sure haven't seen it.

Terry does an excellent marketing job for Amalie, and that's why they stick with him, more smaller and up start teams should follow his lead as he does the marketing first and whatever happens on the track is frosting on the cake for Amalie....... I recall a nitro funny car team from the 80's who had the Castrol oil deal and Austin Coil, they blew up alot and took more than a few years to win there first race.... it still takes time and lots of money to make it happen, I know

Paul Weiss

Sometimes decisions are made based upon the enjoyment of the journey rather than reaching a destination. As I mentioned in the previous post, it takes a team effort to have success, not just one person. There is a reason the car doesn't perform up to standards when there are 600+ sponsor guests at an event and in your pits, along with the inconsistency during first rounds. And it isn't going to change as long as Terry is enjoying the journey.

Names were mentioned about middle of the field cars and I would like to point out that they are not doing much better even with a much larger budget. Vandergriff is 12th, Wilk is 11th. What do you suggest they do? Really, from 8th (Tony) through (Grubnic, Crampton, Millican) 12th (BVR) in T/F and 8th (Hagen) through (Beclman, Courtney, Wilk, Cruz) 13th (Head) in F/C are not living up to expectations for their talent and budget levels. I don't include Arend because Jim Dunn is like Terry, decisions are made to allow the team to make all the races.

Would you prefer for a team to run within their budget and be a 14th place car and attend all the eventss, or go for broke in the performance category to get more funding, and it doesn't show up? Many teams leave our sport every year because of lack of funds, most notable are Prudhomne and Bernstein, but there are hundreds of others. I wish it was easy to go out and raise any amount of money that you feel you need to run a team.

I just want to say that I always like the voice of reason from Virgil.

We'd Love to be in the position that Terry is in (and yes, the tafc will be campaigned this year, next month - 1st event) and when the time is right, don't count the Amalie Team out, hard work, although sometimes it takes a long time, always pays off eventually, oh and that 1% of luck. Make it a Great Weekend Everyone!!!

Are you positive that more cars would show up and how do you know this? A lot of fans said that if Nhra dropped the ban on testing that there would be a massive increase in match racing also, but i sure haven't seen it.
Right on Eugene ... I think there are a couple reasons why match racing of the Big Show cars will never increase again.

1) The teams are already maxed on schedule and simply need a few weekends off to be with family, catch up at home, catch up at work, rest, whatever.
2) The cost of booking a Big Show car is so far over center that very few tracks are interested in making that investment. Too much risk as the money is usually paid upfront regardless of how many runs are made (if any).
3) Most teams would rather do their testing after a National event on a track that is prepped from the National event that past weekend. Don't think much is learned on other tracks that the series does not travel to.

Just my $.02 worth, you probably are more in tune to this than I

Are you positive that more cars would show up and how do you know this?......

only an educated guess ......not necessarily more cars, but about the same as now.
kinda' like it was before kalitta, schumacher & force expanded past 2 cars.
same amount of cars / more owners

I'd like to see Terry go some rounds and put a few big names on trailer at least a couple times this season.
Be it luck or somehow getting a consistent combo together.
Also like see Clay get his first win!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back