Telecast and Audiocast (1 Viewer)

The audio broadcast is buffered, as is all streaming media on the Internet, so there is a variable time delay between the actual event and the broadcast - and different listeners get different delays. Yours is 10 seconds, somebody else's may be 5 or 20.

Okay, thanks!
What does buffered mean anyway? I always see in on the media player but what is it?

hey i was looking for help i did something to the computer now when i go back to nhra .com there no yahoo button to listen want to listen to sportsman

Okay, thanks!
What does buffered mean anyway? I always see in on the media player but what is it?

That's when the system stores approx 10 20 seconds of what you're listening to, so that it there are "blips" in the feed, it'll still sound smooth and uninterupted. Sometimes, if the feed is slow or quirky, the buffer will run out of time and that's when you'll have problems sometimes with the audio.

Okay, thanks!

Think of a buffer as a bathtub full of water. The incoming data is the water coming out of the water faucet and what you see and/or hear is the water going out the drain. If there's a temporary signal slowdown or disconnect the player will still continue to play instead of going silent.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back