T/S Driver Keith Haney Wins Top Sportsman Honors in Houston (1 Viewer)

Baytown, Tx -- In only four outings in his brand new Steve Schmidt powered Stroupe 2009 Pontiac GXP race car, Keith Haney of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, couldn't be happier with the end result last weekend. Not only has this been the experience of a lifetime for building a car from ground up, but this time after 5 rounds of competition at the most recent South Central Division 4 Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series event, the 2 GM Dealership owner found his way to the Winner's Circle at 4:00 AM on Sunday morning.

Haney successfully qualified in the 3rd position at a 6.760 at 205.72 miles per hour as all 29 competitors waited for eliminations to get under way. Once they did, Haney and his team which includes Monroe Guest, Marvin Yoder and Legendary Funny Car Driver John Collins, found themselves in a groove that earned them the victory in the Top Sportsman category for that event.

"The Tuesday before the race, I got a call from Steve Schmidt" said Haney, "he was letting me know that he and Gary Comiski were flying to the track for the weekend. I was quite surprised at his call and honestly thought that they were coming out to network and promote business. Instead, Steve informed me that they were coming out to make sure my car was performing up to it's maximum potential.

"Needless to say, I was taken back by complete surprise and welcomed the opportunity to work with the guys that have who built my engine and set up our tune up" continued Haney.

This win moves Haney and his Suburban Chevrolet/Miami Auto Supercenter and Tigerflow Racing Sponsored GXP into the 4th position in the Division 4 Points Series. He still has several races to claim and will take every opportunity to do so as he moves towards his quest of clinching the 2009 Division 4 Top Sportsman Championship.

Haney adds "Again, I can't thank all of the manufacturer's enough for everything they've done to get us competitive in such a short amount of time. Steve Schmidt and Gary Comiski are hoping that they can expand their business within all the Sportsman categories and especially here in Division 4. I can honestly say that for our team, we give them the highest level of customer recommendation possible."

Each outing the team goes racing, they continue getting closer and closer to their goal of running a stout 210 miles an hour in the quarter mile.

Haney's Suburban Chevrolet / Miami Auto Supercenter and Tigerflow Top Sportsman Team will be competing next at the Division 5 Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series event in Cordova, Illinois.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back