T.J. & Jack Beckman out at DSR (1 Viewer)

The Food & Gas Nationals (a gathering of the Geezers) are coming up in a couple of weeks here in So. cal. and Jack usually shows up (late). We'll see what he has to say if he's there.

Now that he doesn't have to answer to DSR anymore, I'm betting he's hunting for a ride in a nostalgia car for the March Meet.

The Food & Gas Nationals (a gathering of the Geezers) are coming up in a couple of weeks here in So. cal. and Jack usually shows up (late). We'll see what he has to say if he's there.

Now that he doesn't have to answer to DSR anymore, I'm betting he's hunting for a ride in a nostalgia car for the March Meet.
I don't think Don ever held Jack back from the March Meet deal, he certainly didn't for Capps.

I don't think Don ever held Jack back from the March Meet deal, he certainly didn't for Capps.
Don did after Jack flipped a N/FC on it's roof at Sacramento several years ago. And that's not to say it was Jack's fault.

BTW, my source on this was Jack himself.

Last edited:
I remember Infield very well. You guys did a great job in sometimes crazy incidents, like fires, crashes, even people in the stands getting hurt. 2 thumbs up!
Thanks Cliff. We had a hell of a fire truck driver. When the east coast racers would come to town, we'd ask the drivers what they'd do in a jam. One memory was Raymond Beadle. When we asked him if he catches fire in the lights what he'd do. His response in that texan voice, "I'm gonna stop this sumb!tc# as fast as I can"

prediction: josh hart will run big numbers right out of the chute.

you called that one👍
Anyone know where he bought the car and who is tuning it?

1 Steve Torrence, Kilgore TX, MLR-AJPE 3.699 324.90
2 Doug Kalitta, Saline MI, Kalitta-AJPE 3.746 307.37
3 Brittany Force, Yorba Linda CA, JFR-JFR 3.747 330.47
4 Shawn Langdon, Danville IN, Kalitta-AJPE 3.749 323.89
5 Billy Torrence, Kilgore TX, MLR-AJPE 3.758 296.11
6 Josh Hart, Ocala FL, Hadman-AJ 3.768 324.44

Last edited:
you called that one👍
Anyone know where he bought the car and who is tuning it?

1 Steve Torrence, Kilgore TX, MLR-AJPE 3.699 324.90
2 Doug Kalitta, Saline MI, Kalitta-AJPE 3.746 307.37
3 Brittany Force, Yorba Linda CA, JFR-JFR 3.747 330.47
4 Shawn Langdon, Danville IN, Kalitta-AJPE 3.749 323.89
5 Billy Torrence, Kilgore TX, MLR-AJPE 3.758 296.11
6 Josh Hart, Ocala FL, Hadman-AJ 3.768 324.44

Bought it from BVR and Ron Douglas came with it. It is the car he was going to drive part time last year.

Alan

Anyone feel strange with the Gators being the season opener? Well, thank God we have drag racing this year.

The crowd seemed decent as well. Does anyone know what restrictions they have (if any) on crowd capacity?

yeah, but do you think i was smart enough to pick josh on pwt? ...... that would be a big N-O :rolleyes:

I will be impressed if anyone did. I guess knowing the BVR connection we should have expected good things but Josh really earned it with his driving.

i think i may have heard josh interviewed on a recent podcast........was totally impressed with him and his approach stepping up from TAD to TF.
just kind of had a feeling that he was going into this to be immediately competitive, and not just out there to maybe qualify. had heard somewhere too that he had one of BVR's cars,
but didn't remember or hear that ron douglas was with him too. it was just great watching josh and ron run so well today and then win it. first TF race just a few miles up the road from home.
storybook stuff. best nhra storyline on eliminations day for many, many years :cool:

Jack was in Torrance, CA today. BTW, it's hard to take candid shots when there's a delay in your camera set up.

I'll post some more photos from today in the Nostalgia 1320 page.

IMG_3653.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3653.JPG
    IMG_3653.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 78
He started it as a hobby and it has turned into a nice little business. He's been doing it for a few years. They are Pretty Cool!

Alan

I agree. I came across them by chance and bought one and have it as my desk at work. I have 3 spark plugs that sit on top of it, one that is from before a pass and two from after a pass.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back