T.C. Lemons Succumbs (1 Viewer)

The Little Lizard

Nitro Member
It's with much sadness I pass on the passing of T.C. Lemons long time partner of Big Daddy Don Garlits. The officical announcement from the National Hot Rod Association can be found at the Wednesday, January 11, 2012 NHRA notebook feature article web-link titled features below:

Features

Also, some additional sharing on T.C.'s passing on the facebook page of we-did-it-for-love, at web-link:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Drag-Racing-We-Did-It-For-Love/167674516626381

T.C. & Gar tough competitors forever!!!

Thoughts and prayers to T.C.'s family, Don and all those effected by his passing. He was a true legend and trend setting innovator in the sport of drag racing.

Last edited:
We've lost one of the true pioneers of this sport. :(

I'd just gotten through reading about how he restored SW1 for the National's 25th anniversary in 1979, and how they'd built SW13, the car that mangled Big's foot and caused the creation of SW14.

RIP T.C.

Another ICON has made their final call on the tune-up. You will NEVER, EVER be forgotten, Tommy.

R.I.P. Mr. Lemons. A true innovator.

Btw, a good read is Don's autobiography "Big Daddy".

I only met T.C. Lemons one time, but I will never forget that meeting. After the 2009 Gainseville race, one of our crew guys that had worked on the Garlits crew with T.C. for many years, wanted to go down to Ocala and have lunch with Don, Pat, and T.C. Since we had two weeks to get out to Las Vegas and we were only 40 miles from the Garlits museum, I said why not, so we jumped in the hauler and headed south. After we all had lunch, Don, T.C., Jim, and I, walked around the museum for about an hour, and I don't think I can emphisis how exciting it was listening to them reminiscing about old times. Every car that we would stop at they would have another story to tell. By the time that we made a lap around the museum there was a large group of people following us just so they could listen too. Then we went out back to the shop and Ronnie Swearingen and Corey Lee shows up. It was like being in a comedy club, I can't remember when I have laughed so hard. "T.C., thank's for the memories that day, I had a blast".

Last edited:
My head is hanging low.

Another great loss in our community.

Rest in peace, T.C., you'll always be remembered.

Doc

TC you will be missed by many of us old farts. Rest in peace. God Bless you and yours.

If you look at the NHRA note book postings since 12-1-11 there have been about 12 postings...6 of which have been notices of someone passing away. That's about enough for a while.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back