Sundays finals... (1 Viewer)

yankee

Nitro Member
This is just my personal opinion, but I think it might have been better for Ashley Force to run at least one season in the Alcohol Funny car ranks instead of sliding into a Nitro Funny car. On her run against Phil Burkart, it appears that she never lifted even as she hit the wall....And her crew had to tell her 3 times on the radio to pull the chute. I realize that things happen pretty fast and sometimes you don't always react as fast you would like to. Experience comes with time...and lots of it....

She did pedal it, and when she got back on it, there was a cylinder out on the wall side, and that didn't help matters any, it was working against her anyways. She smoked the tires just past half track, and hit the wall and was off the gas by 1000'. With a track that long, she didn't need to pull the chutes anyways going that slow. She probably only did it becasue they said to.

No one is talking about the pass she made in qualifying Friday in the right lane when the car made a real quick move to the right. She corrected it like a veteran, without incident. Stuff happens very quickly in those cars. This kinda' reminds me of the flack Hillary had to put with last year.

Ashley's dad's smacked 'em up much worse than that, and that's with years of experience.

Give her a break and let her learn. John didn't seem all that upset about it.

I was watching on TV with my wife when Ashley tagged the wall. The first thing out of my mouth was "well, she isn't afraid to stay with it to try and win the round". She seems to have inherited John's winning "what ever it takes" attitude. If she gave up evertime she had a problem during eliminations, we'd all be calling her a sissy girl, lol..

Ashley Force was born to do two things...
#1 Drive a Fuel F/C and nobody said it was going to be easy... She has done a great job so far, and has impressed me with not only her driving abilities, but also her admission's of learning from her mistakes... Mistakes happen before you can even think about blinking, let alone acually blink... Her emotion is real and justified in my eyes... This woman has the world watching her every move and word... She has handled it with nothing more then a that a girl from me... She has handled the media blitz like a veteran... She has handled her Father with the help of Guido... Let's face it, nobody can handle John Force alone... :) And she has handled driving an 8,000+ Horsepowered Ford Mustang like a seasoned rookie... John is still learning for heaven's sake... She will be just fine, and will be around for longer then some of us will be alive... Get off her back, and let her drive the damn car... PERIOD!!

Oh yeah...
#2 SHOP :D

Oh yeah...
#2 SHOP :D

Oh... I thought you were going to say marry Jay Smith even though he is old enough to be her father!!!!:D :eek:

Ashley has pretty much owned up to every mistake she has made and is trying to learn from them. I can't think of a single thing she could do beyond that!!!!

Oh... I thought you were going to say marry Jay Smith even though he is old enough to be her father!!!!:D

Ashley has pretty much owned up to every mistake she has made and is trying to learn from them. I can't think of a single thing she could do beyond that!!!!
LOL :D First we need to Tanya Harding her BF who works on Mike Ashley's crew... WHOOPS!! OH MAN, Are you going to be O.K.?? That looks pretty serious... LMAO :eek:
Then after she becomes the ex-MRS. Ghio, you can... No wait, that would never happen... ;)

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back