Sunday Race day Traditions (1 Viewer)

Tim5636sc

Nitro Member
Today is the 1st day of Eliminations for the 2008 NHRA Powerade tour. As I sit here in Nitroville, Co. watching NHRA RACEDAY on ESPN 2, I am reminded of some of the great RACEDAY Traditions that I have. For example:

When I lived in Oceanside, Ca, and used to go to Pomona for the Winternationals with my Dad and the rest of the WBC Racing crew, it usually took us a good 90 minutes to get there. We would leave at 6:00am Saturday Morning and stop off at the McDonald's off the exit on I-10 and the Fairplex Exit. I'd always order a "pancake" breakfast meal w/sausage and an extra hash brown. Once we got to the track, we'd always take a quick "LAP" around the pro pits, to see the new cars. We'd head up to our seats once we heard..."SUPER STOCK TO THE LANES", with our Free National Dragster Mag in our hands. Before we got to the track, we'd stop by the grocery store and pick up some "POOR BOY" sandwiches, chips and soda's for lunch. We'd always sit at about 330' for the 1st pro session, then head to the car for lunch. Once lunch was over, we'd walk to the pits to get our NITRO FIX, then head to the INFAMOUS 1000' club at pomona. Once the race was over, it was always a long drive home. We'd stop off at Bob's Big Boy's in Irvine, have a Big Boy Combo w/ a hot fudge sundae (DOUBLE FUDGE).

At home, watching NHRA Races today, I always wake up at 7:30am, make the kids a big breakfast and make my homemade FRIED POTOTO'S, a pot of coffee and get ready for NHRA Race day!

So, what are some of your race day traditions?

Put the First pot on about 6 am...
wake k'dubs up fer work about 7am then start my laundry about 8 or so...
Check the news, comp plus, DRC, NHRA ... ect
Prep my Ladders...
Put my second load in the wash, make second pot of coffee...

Make sure I've got enuff junk food to last until 5PM/7Pactime...

shake and repeat 22 times...
23rd get up at 5 am, stop at 7/11 for gas and head to the track, eating breakfast at the waffle house 3 over easy, hash browns, double bacon, and leave the pot... repeat three days...

d'kid

Well, when I'm going to the track it's usually up @ 5am, grab ice at the nearest stop, then in line to park by 6. Have my diet pepsi to open my eyes. Once we're parked, it's open up the tent, unload the grill and fire it up for bacon and eggs. Than have the first beer cracked open while I cook, and shoot the **** with the other tailgaters. Have another beer or so to prime the pump, then begin walking aimlessly through the pits.:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back