Summit Racing Greg Anderson NHRA Race Report: Anderson’s Winning Run Ends in Sonoma S (1 Viewer)

Anderson’s Winning Run Ends in Sonoma Second Round

Event: 23rd annual Fram Autolite Nationals
Day/Date: Sunday, July 18, 2010

Greg Anderson and the Summit Racing team came into Sunday’s final eliminations of the Fram Autolite NHRA Nationals in Sonoma, CA on a tremendous streak, having captured the last two national event wins, as well as the K&N Horsepower Challenge in Norwalk, Ohio, securing their place in the NHRA’s championship playoff along the way. After qualifying sixth, Anderson looked to extend his run even further by scoring his fourth career win at Infineon Raceway.

Things went according to plan in the first round, as the three-time champion used a .025 reaction time and 6.594-second, 208.88 mph run to eliminate Hall of Famer Warren Johnson. In the second round against rival Jeg Coughlin, however, Anderson’s 6.590-second, 209.07 mph pass was not enough to overcome his opponent’s starting line advantage, who used a marginally slower 6.595-second, 209.72 mph effort to gain the narrow victory.

“As I’ve said before, it takes all three parts of the puzzle to win in this sport,”
said Anderson. “The driver, the car and the engine must all work in sync, and in the second round only two out of the three performed the way they should. Somehow the connection between my brain and my leg got shorted out, because I felt like I had left the starting line when I suddenly realized my leg hadn’t come off the clutch. I don’t have an answer as to why that happened, but it did. I felt like I was on the light, but obviously I wasn’t.

“Certainly, we’re disappointed, but we’re not going to dwell on it, because between Jason and myself, we have two really fast Summit Racing Pontiacs, and both of us having secured our spot in the Countdown. I feel bad about what happened today, but the good news is that we get to race in Denver next weekend, and I’m going to do whatever I can to make it up to them. As well as we have been running over the last month, I’m confident I’ll have the chance to do just that.”

Established in 1968, Summit Racing Equipment is the leading high performance parts and accessories company. Summit Racing offers the largest selection, lowest prices, and best customer service in the high performance industry via catalogs, Internet, and Retail Super Stores. The company is headquartered in Tallmadge, Ohio with retail locations in Tallmadge, Ohio; Sparks, Nevada; and McDonough, Georgia. For more information, please visit Summit Racing - High Performance Car and Truck Parts l 800-230-3030.

Attachments

• g_anderson07.jpg
    g_anderson07.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 29
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back