Street Outlaws has 4 times more TV viewers than NHRA (1 Viewer)

The real difference is this, with the reality shows you are seeing planned scriped, re-take BS that was filmed 18 months ago for TV and is an insult to anyone with a tool box or race car .

With NHRA drag racing you are seeing race teams competing for a champoinship.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^, with special emphasis on the "planned script" part.

The sh!t some of these networks try to pass off as legit reality is insulting to the intelligence. Especially with this show......... :rolleyes:

Sean D

This is a quote that I found on another site;

"We have seen a similar result here at our local drag strip.

Regular Bracket Race night, pits full of racers and maybe a hundred or so folks in the spectator area.

Street Racer Night, maybe a hundred or so racers and the rest of the joint is packed to the point of taxing the facility to the max!!

Lines out the gate for half a mile!!

No TV or radio or newspaper advertising at all. Just the local King Of The Street group talkin' it up on the Internet, or FB, or whatever these younger folks are using to communicate.

Heads Up / Wheels Up / No Prep / Arm Drop or Instant Green, the folks love it and show up.

It is a show . . . . . "

Regular Bracket Race night, pits full of racers and maybe a hundred or so folks in the spectator area.

Street Racer Night, maybe a hundred or so racers and the rest of the joint is packed to the point of taxing the facility to the max!!

No TV or radio or newspaper advertising at all. Just the local King Of The Street group talkin' it up on the Internet, or FB, or whatever these younger folks are using to communicate.

Heads Up / Wheels Up / No Prep / Arm Drop or Instant Green, the folks love it and show up.

It is a show . . . . . "

Although personally, I'm not interested in this type of show, I know it works with these generations, and ANYthing that gives a boost to track operators and allows them to actually enjoy a bit of income for their investment and time, I'm all for it!

It is a show . . . . . "

This is what real drag racing used to be about. Put your money where your mouth is, run what you brought, first to the finish wins. No bracket, handicap or break out Just be first to the finish line or shut up. It's become so politically correct it's not much fun.

Although personally, I'm not interested in this type of show, I know it works with these generations, and ANYthing that gives a boost to track operators and allows them to actually enjoy a bit of income for their investment and time, I'm all for it!

This year RP held the Slick Tire Shootout which had Grudge Racing & NT racing along with Outlaw 10.5, Outlaw 8.5 & the Raceway Park Index Series (10.0 & 11.50 were run on Sunday, 8.50 was all weekend). Got a good turnout of fans for that despite 10 Drivers in 10.5 and 3 in 8.5.

The problem is more the racers saying they're gonna come and then no showing without any justified reason.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back