Steve Torrence after win at Maple Grove (2 Viewers)

He doesn’t have to worry about saying stuff his sponsor is a family business and he owns the team personally I would prefer that I can just say I’m so pist*** of right now

big fan of steve torrence. kid's got a great family, and great dad who put his money where his mouth is, and jumped into business with two feet, and has succeeded
big time; in business and in racing. they are no different than the other team owners, old and new.......they have been serious people their whole lives and they mean
business.....IMO steve gives maybe the best top end interviews of anyone. winning or losing.

I'm screwed if Steve or Billy wins this weekend because our pit is back to back to theirs and there will be no way I will be able to get out of our pit spot on Sun night with the party that will be at their pit if they win. It will look like a hurricane went through their pit when their done. I may have to hangout with them and leave on Mon.:)

I'm screwed if Steve or Billy wins this weekend because our pit is back to back to theirs and there will be no way I will be able to get out of our pit spot on Sun night with the party that will be at their pit if they win. It will look like a hurricane went through their pit when their done. I may have to hangout with them and leave on Mon.:)
I might have seen you at maple Grove we’re you out with jim holding a box of hero cars and a few pistons ?

Who would you rather have dinner with? A.J. Foyt, Bobby Unser, the Ace and Connie or any four current "professional" NHRA drivers.

This is a good thread - who would you have dinner with? I want to say I have seen similar threads, but in any case, do you want me to spin this off into another thread?

Who would you rather have dinner with? A.J. Foyt, Bobby Unser, the Ace and Connie or any four current "professional" NHRA drivers.

My hero A.J. Foyt....but I would let him do all the talking so I don't do anything to piss him off!o_O

I have watched the video and I fail to see where the "disrespect" comes from. :confused: I swear though, people make posts about how they are sick of hearing "sponsor spewing robots" then when someone speaks "off the cuff" they complain about that as well. Look, there is a difference between speaking your mind and being a jerk. There was a certain former funny car racer who was the latter. Steve does not come across as being a jerk to me.

Like I had posted in one of the TG threads, I had come across a Facebook post a while back by Langdon where he specifically said that the NHRA has instructed them in meetings to develop more of this kind of attitude and/or rivalries. Fabricated or not, Torrence is good at it. He's smooth with his delivery and fun to listen to. I'm not a fan of fit throwing, but I dig the sh!t talk and rivalries.

Sean D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back