Steve Johnson podcast - Arana causing competitors to scratch their heads (1 Viewer)

Thanks John.

It seems like these PBS folks hit on a combination from time to time and put together a real good streak.

Last year LE Tonglet came out and put together a nice string of races, and won the title.

Michael Phillips had a few races last year where he ran 3-5 more mph then everyone, won some, and had people thinking something was going on.

The years Matt Smith and Hector Sr won the championship, for whatever reason they just could almost do no wrong.

I think the same thing is happening now. New rider, new bike, and it's just coming together at a good time.

From what I notice in the coverage, some of these bikes go from 6.85 to 7.05 run to run and don't repeat, where H-JR has been pretty consistant.

Last edited:
What timing, lol. As someone walked in our shop door yesterday I couldn't see who it was until he walked around the corner. Damn if it wasn't ol Trent our former cylinder head guy!!! Trent left to go to work for Larry Morgan 6-7 years ago and when Larry decided to do heads for Hector a few years ago Trent was and still is the man who started from scratch to where he is now as far as the heads go.
Curiosity got the best of me and I had to ask questions of course Trent went above and beyond that. Aside from the technical aspect and what/how he does things I cannot get over the price tag for just the cylinder heads alone on one of those things!!!
Good luck to Arana, Jr. as he's within striking distance for the Championship

I had a conversation with a Pro Stock car engine builder about the PS motorcycle engines.

His opinion was that the motorcycle engine builders were behind the car motor builders in several technical areas, so its possible that as Kelly mentioned that the Arana's are ahead of the rest of the pack on implementing technology from the PS car motors.

Geez, I hope the NHRA doesn't find out about this or another last minute Graham Light Decree might get dumped on us.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back