Podcast - Steve Johnson on Houston bikes - calls competitor a cry baby (1 Viewer)

Good podcast John. Now lets see Steve and Matt settle this on the track.

I don't follow the bikes much. I have a couple of questions. I'm assuming the twenty pounds being added to the Harleys,is to equalize the performance between them, and all the other bikes. How is it, that they have become so dominate? I'm also wonderingabout the buells. Are they a seperate
manufacturer, or a hybrid of a Harley. How does a buell differ from a Harley?
Keep up the good work John, great podcast.

Last edited:
I don't follow the bikes much. I have a couple of questions. I'm assuming the twenty pounds being added to the Harleys,is to equalize the performance between them, and all the other bikes. How is it, that they have become so dominate? I'm also wonderingabout the buells. Are they a seperate
manufacturer, or a hybrid of a Harley. How does a buell differ from a Harley?
Keep up the good work John, great podcast.

Yes someone please explain the whole Harley domination deal to us here on the mater. :p

HD has ohc and 4 valve/ cyl. motors. buell has pushrods and 2 valves.
the biggest issue is that NOBODY but VH has the ability to race the
motor. HD is not required to sell the parts to anyone else.
Somebody correct me or add to what I said if I am wrong....

or follow GB3 on facebook. ;)

Anyone want to bet the Harleys will be mid pack at best this weekend in Houston?

Hey John, I listened to your pod-cast with Matt. It answered alot of questions for me. Except why the n.h.r.a won't allow everyone to buy the fast equipment. That just sounds wierd, suzuki riders buy their motors frm h/d. or Vance and Hines. Am I hearing that right? Why does'nt suzuki build a motor that is comparable to H/D? I guess, if the association does'nt allow it to happen, it does'nt happen. I know you guys have been hashing and rehashing this stuff over and over. I'm late to the party, sorry. I understand the zzzzzzzzzzzz's now, old news. Thanks, Mike.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back