Steve Gibbs No Longer Associated With NHRA (1 Viewer)

glofria

Nitro Member
One of the very few people I respected at NHRA is now officially gone. In a Facebook post, he has written the following:

Kind of a bittersweet day at Gainesville and the Gatornationals. This is my last day, officially connected to NHRA...after nearly 48 years. As of tomorrow, I will no longer be involved with NHRA, the NHRA Motorsports Museum, the NHRA, NHRA Reunions, or Heritage Series events. I will be eternally grateful to Wally Parks for the opportunity to do the things I did...and for so long. I'm proud of the "fingerprints" I have left on the sport. It's time to move on.

I wonder how well the Reunions will run with out him at the helm. Last year CHRR was a klusterfuck.

Did he retire or was he forced out? I read a lot of posts on FB about the CHRR last year and from what I saw he was not happy at all!

To answer some questions here:

Brent; at this point does it matter? Life goes on, but it's not over.
Bob; Nice thought, but highly unlikely. Steve has too much class and does not need to work any longer to pull a stunt like that. He was a volunteer board member for the Wally Parks Museum and reunion organizer.
Jay; yes the reunions will go on and already set with dates for 2017. I just hope they can recapture the vibe it once had. Steve will most likely be a paying spectator.

Mark; your right he is not finished. Not by a long shot.

http://wediditforlove.com/Gibbs2.html

"Steve Gibbs is the Director of Competition for the National Hot Rod Association, a position of considerable power. He is the antithesis of the above statements. A giant of a man, at over 6'4", with a resounding voice, Gibbs goes about running major drag races, directing the Safety Safari on the track, barking instructions into his walkie talkie while making sure that the track surface is kept in the best condition possible. (It should be noted that the phenomenal leaps in performance in recent years has largely been a function of the superb conditioning of the racing surfaces at all of the National Events across the country.) Most of the improvements in traction as well as the devices and substances used to soak up and remove oil spills are the result of his dedication to the task ."

somebody like that could be a real asset to the IHRA, even just consulting.....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back