Starting Fourth at Raceway Park, Line Looks for a Long Day on Sunday (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Event: 41st annual United Association NHRA SuperNationals
Day/Date: Saturday, June 12, 2010

Conditions for the second and final day of qualifying for the United Association
SuperNationals in Englishtown, NJ were significantly different from those the racers experienced on Friday, with both the temperatures and humidity significantly higher. Although this resulted in no changes among the top twelve qualifiers, it did give the racers a chance to work on their tune-up for race day.

Having secured the fourth position with his 6.560-second, 211.23 mph time from Friday evening, Jason Line and the Summit Racing team battled tire shake on their final two attempts at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park, resulting in a best time of 6.616 seconds and top speed of 208.68 mph. Even so, bolstered by his best qualifying performance of the 2010 season, the three-time Englishtown winner found cause for optimism heading into Sunday’s final eliminations.

“After making two pretty good runs on Friday, we shook the tires on both attempts today, although we did calm it down for the final session” said Line. “But to put things in perspective, even though we weren’t happy with that last pass, it was still sixth quickest for the session, which is an improvement over the last few weeks. The bottom line is that this is my best qualifying performance of the season, and we’re definitely headed in the right direction with my Summit Racing Pontiac.

“Looking at the ladder for tomorrow, we’re on the same side as everyone else in the Top Five, with my reward for qualifying fourth being a first-round meeting with Allen Johnson, who is second. Still, there are no gimmes in this class, so we’ll just take them one at a time. We have our work cut out for us tomorrow, but I believe we are more than up to the challenge.”

Established in 1968, Summit Racing Equipment is the leading high performance parts and accessories company. Summit Racing offers the largest selection, lowest prices, and best customer service in the high performance industry via catalogs, Internet, and Retail Super Stores. The company is headquartered in Tallmadge, Ohio with retail locations in Tallmadge, Ohio; Sparks, Nevada; and McDonough, Georgia. For more information, please visit Summit Racing - High Performance Car and Truck Parts l 800-230-3030.

Attachments

• Jason_Line.jpg
    Jason_Line.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 3
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back