Sportsman Racers need to be at two tracks ? (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
If I read this right, Super Stock, Stock and SC will finish Houston eliminations at Dallas on Thursday. Some of these guys are chasing national championships - do they pack up and drive to Vegas overnight to get pitted and start time trials Friday?
And . . . Comp will run final two rounds at Dallas Saturday, which seems to eliminate some top teams from competing at Vegas.

Turning 60 this week - this could be a Senior Moment if I have dates wrong.
If I'm right, does anyone else think there is something wrong here? - Jim

If I read this right, Super Stock, Stock and SC will finish Houston eliminations at Dallas on Thursday. Some of these guys are chasing national championships - do they pack up and drive to Vegas overnight to get pitted and start time trials Friday?
And . . . Comp will run final two rounds at Dallas Saturday, which seems to eliminate some top teams from competing at Vegas.

Turning 60 this week - this could be a Senior Moment if I have dates wrong.
If I'm right, does anyone else think there is something wrong here? - Jim
Happy B-Day Jim!

Any of the sportsman racers who can't make it to Dallas for the Houston makeup session can opt out and be credited the entry fees already paid for the Houston event for entry into a future event. If they are entered for Vegas, they can be there without penalty. If they were/are entered for LODRS 4-4 Dallas, they're already there. If they're entered for LODRS 2-4 Valdosta or LODRS 3-1 Indy or IHRA Summit Pro-Am Budds Creek, they should still be able to transfer their Houston entry to a future event. As to the semi's and final rounds of Comp remaining to be contested from Houston in Dallas, I believe they are all Div 4 regulars. They'd be in Dallas for the LODRS event anyway. IOW, it should work for everyone, unless the only events they planned on racing this season were Houston and Vegas..

Keith Downing is number 2 in the World... Dwight, his dad ended up spending 10 days in Houston and Keith flew round trip the first weekend, and one way again on Thursday to pack up and come home. They will be going to Vegas instead... I like the way that gold number 9 looks on his car this year, but hope it has a 1 and a bullseye going into 2008.

And I get to make the lovely drive from Baytown to Ennis to cover three or four hours of racing that was supposed to be 10 minutes from my apartment, then drive back Friday morning because Bob Orme is coming in to cover the LODRS event.

Rain sux!!!:(

if you go to nhradiv4.com, this is what it states:
all sportsman classes get moved to the dallas nationals, just comp will run at the divisional, unless it has been changed again, and they have deleted it off their site, but it was there yesterday!

I don't know where you read that !!!!
Only Super Street gets moved to the Nationals.....which I don't understand.

Something else I don't understand...Billy Meyer scheduled this Divisional the same weekend as the BIG NASCAR race in Ft.Worth !! That isn't smart if he wants spectators at the Motorplex !!!!

i had read it on then nhra div 4 site, but it has been removed.
they cant run a divisional by itself in one race almost, and they're wanting to do a divisional and a national in one race, and then what about the guys that want to run vegas to?

We're talking about a max of less than 200 cars if everyone who ran in Super Stock, Stock and Super Comp at Houston shows up Thursday in Ennis. Even with between-rounds cooling, we're only talking about 4-5 hours to run a time run and eliminations. Some racers will withdraw, so it shouldn't take any longer than that to finish those three eliminators. Super Comp will probably still be 7 rounds (more than 64 cars), Stock and Super Stock 6 (more than 32, less than 64). Squeezing in three extra pairs of Comp cars on Saturday shouldn't be a big deal either.

By the way, what I posted on Drag Race Central was copied from the Division 4 website, with minor editing, if you want to read it again - it hasn't changed since Friday morning.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back