Spokane County fires Austin Motorsports (1 Viewer)

Unfortunately, its been coming for a while, since Bucky's company failed to pay the bills for improvements. Its not hard to make great improvements on a track if you don't pay the bills. The county still has a bunch of money invested in the place and since its a multi use facility, I'm assuming they will find a way to continue to make it work. It would be ironic if Bucky's brother Walt got involved. He's a good, solid guy and I know at one time, was trying to put something together. We were trying to put something together to run the nitro harley's at one of Bucky's events next year, so hopefully, if the place stays up and running, that will still happen.

Wow. First the Orville Moe debacle, and now this. County’s gotta be gettin’ pretty jaded towards the motorsports crowd… Hope the facility continues; it’s a great place.

County will be especially unhappy if they end up eating the bill on it. If the contractors in question filed valid liens, it can be up to the property owner to pay them. The story is a bit confusing, suggesting that bucky contracted for the work, which would make those private contracts, yet at the same time saying that the county was unhappy because the contracts didn't go out to competitive bidding, which suggests a public contract. I called the reporter on the story for more info, but he didn't return a call.

The Orville Moe deal was unbelievable. He went for DECADES without paying any money out to the limited partners in the track. I can't believe it took that long for someone to do something. But Orville was a strange guy. I sued his companies once and took his deposition and he was absolutely clueless about stuff, not to mention being just a big fat liar. What was even worse was the fact that some of the 'improvements' he had done to the track over the years were unbelievably dangerous. Glad at least most of all of those are gone now, or so I'm told.

So what happened? I figured Bucky had a handle on it. Economy? By that, were there deals made that fell through because of it? I'm not trying to speculate or come to any conclusions. I was just hoping all along that Bucky had it going on. Sure sounded good in the beginning..optimistic even.

I'm hoping for the best.

So what happened? I figured Bucky had a handle on it. Economy? By that, were there deals made that fell through because of it? I'm not trying to speculate or come to any conclusions. I was just hoping all along that Bucky had it going on. Sure sounded good in the beginning..optimistic even.

I'm hoping for the best.

No idea at this point, but I'd wager that if the county picks up the bill, eventually we'll all read about it in the "court reports" section of the spokane newspaper. There have been a few articles in the paper, but I sure havn't seen anything with bucky's point of view.

This sucks. I was born and raised in Spokane and would really hate to see that track close. :(

Thanks Toni. That sounds like good news. Unfortunately, spring is a long way off. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back