Spoiler alert (1 Viewer)

yoda

Nitro Member
DON'T READ THIS IF YOU ARE GONNA WHINE ABOUT IT

3.80/ 323 and 3.86/ 318 on cold tires, 10 minutes of cold sit, down on fuel weight. AND first pair.

One of the best side-by-sides in a while considering the issue, and both cars went straight as a string on stout runs. Could this be a new way to make TV a bit more easy to do? Roll em in, fire em and send em?

See- there's the problem, Zappy... We DO need the "circus" element, or else the masses will get bored. But if its all supposed to be about performance, like we have been fed- especially after the 1000 foot change (we now have 3 second race cars ;) Top that, NASCAR...)- then lets really do it. Two cars go down clean and strong without so much as a "see ya, adios" :rolleyes:

32 cars in eliminations on a Saturday night, all done in 3 hours. Shorter than a college football game.

Don't need burnouts, my ass. We need shows like this, if you want to put folks in the stands. Not an engine fire....it's a fire burnout at Santa Pod, a long time ago. Cool, eh? :)

Don't need burnouts, my ass. We need shows like this, if you want to put folks in the stands. Not an engine fire....it's a fire burnout at Santa Pod, a long time ago. Cool, eh? :)

Makes me think of two things....sort of related.

#1 My Dad worked at United Technologies in the late 60's early 70's in the Bay Area on what would become the solid rocket boosters for NASA. Being an engineer, and having nothing but engineer friends, a party thrown for some milestone had them all in our backyard in Cupertino. They started the BBQ with a chunk of this propellant. After melting the BBQ and then shattering the cement underneath, the party came to an abrupt end with the flashing lights and sirens that accompany many engineer get-togethers.

My Mother still hasn't forgiven my Father for that, and he's been gone almost 20 years now.

#2 Aside from being banned by NHRA, the CC, Owner, Crew and anyone else that has to fix anything melted would never forgive you.

I loved the start of the race on Sunday. The skydiving flaggers, the stunt plane following the US flag down, the army guys holding the flag, and they had this little girl singing the anthems, and she had the voice of an angel.. I got goosebumps. Then they fire them up as I looked around and took not of how many families were there, how many fathers with sons/ daughters, how many memories were being made, I rememberd making those memories with my dad, brought a tear to my eye.

It's not all about the racing, it is entertainment too.

Technically, I'd think even a small burnout is necessary to clean the junk off the tires accumulated from the pits, not to mention the hot strip of tacky rubber they just left behind that they back up into.

asked lee about the delay just prior to 2nd round, his response
was it was ok......then again, they won too.

asked lee about the delay just prior to 2nd round, his response
was it was ok......then again, they won too.

That's the thing- it WAS ok... those were a couple of great passes. Could it be where up to 3 minutes PER RACE could be eliminated and still see stellar performance?

Or, is it that since they were the first pair down, they got all the good glue?

That's the thing- it WAS ok... those were a couple of great passes. Could it be where up to 3 minutes PER RACE could be eliminated and still see stellar performance?

Or, is it that since they were the first pair down, they got all the good glue?

good questions....head i think tried to skip burnout one year (was it the year
he had the aero rear end w/o wing?) and that didn't seem to stick (pun intended).

someone correct me if i'm wrong but i thought i looked at my phone yesterday and the delay around 20 minutes.

good questions....head i think tried to skip burnout one year (was it the year
he had the aero rear end w/o wing?) and that didn't seem to stick (pun intended).

someone correct me if i'm wrong but i thought i looked at my phone yesterday and the delay around 20 minutes.

It was about 20- diagnosing and repair (watched on ESPN3). I have to admit, they seemed like they had their ground game in order as far as the right tools for the job and how they approached the issue.

I think if Head gave it another shot, with the new tire technology and the way the track is super-glued to death as of late, along with some adjustments in fuel delivery and clutch application, a minimum spin to knock off the scraps could shorten the time of the show- something to think about if getting (and keeping) the attention of the ADD-generation is really the goal of the Association. Try it in markets that are suffering (down on attendance) as an experiment for making the day not much longer than your average pro football/ baseball game.

I think if Head gave it another shot, with the new tire technology and the way the track is super-glued to death as of late, along with some adjustments in fuel delivery and clutch application, a minimum spin to knock off the scraps could shorten the time of the show-

Jim Head has stated more than once that if they'd allow him (Now Chad) to drive around the water box and head straight for the starting line, he'd do it in a heartbeat. He knows that would not be a popular move with the fans, but he's said the burnout is completely uneccessary.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back