Howe about that funny car final?!?! (spoiler alert) (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
How about that funny car final?!?! (spoiler alert)

I don't care who your favorite driver is; Big Jim and T-Bone finally getting a win is awesome! This year seems to be the year that the little guy gets to kick some butt; now, if only Densham and Head could get a win this year...

2008*Schucks Auto Supply NHRA Nationals: Event home page

Results for Final Round
KENT, Wash. - SUMMIT FastNews - Results of final, round 4 eliminations in Funny Car at the NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series, 21st annual Schuck's Auto Supply NHRA Nationals:

W/L Driver R-Time E-Time Speed

(W) Tony Bartone (Canidae Pet Food Monte Carlo) 0.131 4.454 238.17
(L) Ron Capps (NAPA Auto Parts Charger) 0.078 4.708 227.46

Weather conditions: air temperature 83 degrees, relative humidity 38 percent, barometer 29.59 inches, adjusted altitude 2,533 feet, track temperature 119 degrees.

Capps with the starting line advantage, but then starts to lose traction around 330 feet and pedals it. He is then dropping cylinders through the 1000 feet. Bartone was able to chase him down around half track and then his engine starting eating it self up on the top end. Bartone with his first National event win in Funny Car.

Saturday022308029.jpg

csk022507042-1.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats to a fellow Northeastern with his first Pro victory! Even though I don't live there anymore, I still love the area!

I was sure happy to see Bartone and Dunn get a long deserved win. Dunn has raced there a hundred times.

Am I the only one who noticed that Mike Dunn didn't even say a word one way or another about his father's team winning? No "I'm happy for them, way to go, long time coming" or anything. :rolleyes:

I was sure happy to see Bartone and Dunn get a long deserved win. Dunn has raced there a hundred times.

Am I the only one who noticed that Mike Dunn didn't even say a word one way or another about his father's team winning? No "I'm happy for them, way to go, long time coming" or anything. :rolleyes:

was waiting for someone to mention that , I noticed that aswell

Congrats to Big Jim Dunn, T. Bone, and the crew.
I was cheering for the car in the other lane:D, but it was still a great win for a great team.

Fight the good fight Big Jim, we are glad to see all your hard work pay off!

As I understand it, their relationship could best be described as "strained". Mike is very careful to not say a thing about him, lest it be misinterpreted, good or bad.

Then there is the whole issue of the air of favoritism by an ESPN/NHRA employee...

I was stoked to see Dunn/Bartone win as minutes before they were to test fire on Friday in the pits the car would not light...They went up there and ran it w/ one mag firing anyway.

As I understand it, their relationship could best be described as "strained". Mike is very careful to not say a thing about him, lest it be misinterpreted, good or bad.

Then there is the whole issue of the air of favoritism by an ESPN/NHRA employee...

It brings to mind when Dale Jarrett won the Daytona 500 with his dad Ned calling it in the TV booth. There was definitely no restraint that day, just refreshing, honest, exuberance. I think the race was on CBS back then.

I've always been a Big Jim fan, and a Mike Dunn fan too. If there's a rift between them it's time to fix it. If it's ESPN making a call to downplay or whatever, then shame on ESPN.

Congratulations to Tony and the entire Canidae team! It's great to see a Lawn Gisland native win! :D

It was neat to see the "Ace" against "Big Jim" in the final. It could have just as easily been Densham against Dunn, too. Amazing, the history these guys have racing against each other.

And to see the Ace be one of the first to shake Big Jim's hand. Classic. Just like the old days except both of them were still wearing their firesuits.

Congratulations to "Big Jim" and Tony, long overdue and well deserved. Seemed to me that about everyone was very Happy for them and what class shown by "Ace" to be first to shake his hand.............We need a "Funny Car Summer II"......................

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back