Sonoma commentary (1 Viewer)

J. S.

Nitro Member
I'm surprised no one has started a Sonoma thread yet, so I will do the honors.

It has been unseasonably cool so far this weekend, with pretty ideal conditions I would think, so I am surprised so many runs have been aborted in TF and FC.

I'm surprised no one has started a Sonoma thread yet, so I will do the honors.

It has been unseasonably cool so far this weekend, with pretty ideal conditions I would think, so I am surprised so many runs have been aborted in TF and FC.
Yes, and the nitro cars are flying! Doug Kalitta 3.64 (track record), 337. Clay Millican, 3.66 338 (track record). Tasca runs 338. Pro stockers, Greg Anderson, in the 6.40s. Matt Smith beats Gaige Herrera in motorcycle call out. He he.

hey, if you have to have a bye, and i don't like byes, then have only one, available so the #1 qualifier runs against #16 .........
AND #16 GETS A BYE TO THE SEMIS! way to go ron august, glenn gave you just enough to get bye problem plagued DK.
love DK and the entire kalitta racing effort, but that was pretty cool to see/watch.

Last edited:
Tasca was sure after that 340 number, wasn't he? So was Hight several years ago and came within .13 of getting it. Still, Tasca ran 336 on a 125 degree track to win; that's pretty impressive. If the evening conditions are good, I'd say his next opportunity will be at the Texas Motorplex. I've personally watched Force, Hight and Tasca run 338+ at that track. If it's cool and you can stay in the groove, that 38 year old facility is as good as it gets.

Sonoma....I was sure rooting for Evaristo in PSM but she's gotta learn how to chop that tree before she can compete with the likes of Van Sant, Smith and Herrera. Good to see her Dad out and about, too. Also, nice job, Cory Reed.

surprised to hear capps say he was using non-current supra body in sonoma

I'm sure it's because that's the only body they have left at the moment.
yes, obviously that is why. i don't recall ron losing another body this year. maybe he did and i can't remember. what i'm getting at is if
toyota gazoo racing is a great factory effort, wouldn't ron, JR, and alexis,always travel with an up to date spare in their trailer?

yes, obviously that is why. i don't recall ron losing another body this year. maybe he did and i can't remember. what i'm getting at is if
toyota gazoo racing is a great factory effort, wouldn't ron, JR, and alexis,always travel with an up to date spare in their trailer?

You would think. But we have seen for many years in drag racing, that sometimes the sponsorships aren't as lucrative as they appear. Or maybe there are supply chain issues with the new bodies. Maybe China or Iran controls the carbon fiber market : )

You would think. But we have seen for many years in drag racing, that sometimes the sponsorships aren't as lucrative as they appear. Or maybe there are supply chain issues with the new bodies. Maybe China or Iran controls the carbon fiber market : )
yeah you're right john, who knows exactly what's going on. not us for sure. ;):rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back