SoCal Drags In LA Times (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

Great story. To bad they didn't talk more about what it's like now vs. then.

Yup, good article. Some of us know that Irwindale Raceway didn't close in 73 though. :p I broke an engine at the last drag race there.:eek::D Did a Popular Hotrodding mag. shoot on my Altered there that day too.:cool:

Good read, thanks for the link. When I was living in SoCal all those tracks had already closed down, but it must bring back a lot of memories for people that still live in the Southland and the times they spent at those historic tracks. While it didnt have the history of the aforementioned tracks, I noticed there was no mention of Ontario Motor Speedway. Some record breaking performances were set at that short lived venue.

Shav would have smiled... And then edited the hell out of it and added 2 more pages!!! :D

Glad to see that kind of press in LA... Now it needs to be like that in every tour stop.

Chris, yup I'm one of those that lived/raced down there. Back in the 60's and 70's, I raced at Lions, Irwindale, Fontana, OCIR, Fremont, Bakersfield, Pomona and Ontario too. Great times and great racing, love the memories too. :D Sure miss it and all the good friends made while racing down there. :cool:

Also missing was Ontario Motor Speedway. The super speedway held the Winston Finals with great et's.

Really bad research of So Cal dragstrips re: chronology, let alone the number and location of them- typical of ALL NEWS reporting today WORLD WIDE.

Any of you born AFTER Nov 1963 should approach news with a skeptic's view!

Particularly, ANYTHING in a car magazine.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back