So it begins congrats Tony (1 Viewer)

I think .0003 = 1 inch. It would be cool to get some NASCAR racers in NHRA.
Every now and then one of them wanders over. Kurt Busch tried his hand at Pro Stock a few years back. He caught on fast, got his license, tested, competed in a Dodge Avenger - and in his very first race, drew Erica Enders in the first round. Sometimes you get the donut, other times, just the hole. :(

So close and so cool. Great exposure for the sport. The only downside is it happened so quickly that people may perceive drag racing as 'easy' when the reality is far from that. It does show what type of competitor he is, in case anyone didn't already know. McPhillips seems like a positive guy, fun team.
Tony has more laps in a dragster now than many people realize, from Super Comp to Top Fuel. In addition, the McPhillips team is one of the best in the class, their cars are as good as they get in TAD. I know Rich Sr. & Jr., they're real racers and real nice guys! Congrats to them and TS on the win.

hope they are back in the teens soon......wonder if we might see new sponsors in TAD, now with more eyes on the class?

Tony's speed was 269.62. That calculates to him traveling 0.47453124 inch per .0001 of a second.

Since the MOV was .0003 the distance he traveled in that time was 1.42359372 inches, or just under an inch and a half.

Since Todd Bruce was going 270.97 he was covering 0.47690724 inch per .0001 second he was 1.43072172 behind.

Or to put it in the simplest terms, it was ONE CLOSE FREAKIN RACE!!!!!

Alan

His participation in NHRA and drawing in fans has got to be killing NASCAR. You can tell he's having a hell of a lot of fun. Congrats on the win.
Well you can't exactly say it's killing Nascar since Tony is still a color commentator on some Nascar tv broadcasts. And he owns half of a Nascar team.

Somebody from the NHRA needs to go edit Tony Stewart's Wikipedia page.... there's absolutely no mention of his drag racing involvement whatsoever

Was hoping to see Madison and Tony race again, I’m sure they will have chances to met up, not surprised at how fast he is making progress in driving a dragster

I was hoping for a W today but an uncharacteristic (for him) .060 light wound up being a holeshot loss. Still, he's got what, 2 runner-ups and a win so far this year in a highly competitive class? You gotta love that. His missus scored a RU today also in top fuel.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back