Smith-Johnson Dustup (1 Viewer)

twostep

Nitro Member
Little bit of a rivalry brewing....although it didn't start there it seems as though Johnson didn't approve of Smith substituting bikes for the final at the Spring Nats....and Smith didn't like Johnson talking smack about his wife. Gotta be more to it than that. First, had it not been legal NHRA would have never allowed the substitution and second, I listened to what Johnson had to say about Angie during a recent interview and laughed like hell. Any reasonable person would; it wasn't offensive at all in my opinion. Lighten up, Matt.

Any comments?

Little bit of a rivalry brewing....although it didn't start there it seems as though Johnson didn't approve of Smith substituting bikes for the final at the Spring Nats....and Smith didn't like Johnson talking smack about his wife. Gotta be more to it than that. First, had it not been legal NHRA would have never allowed the substitution and second, I listened to what Johnson had to say about Angie during a recent interview and laughed like hell. Any reasonable person would; it wasn't offensive at all in my opinion. Lighten up, Matt.

Any comments?
It all goes back to Smith saying Johnson was a hobby racer a few years ago. Since then, Steve has stepped up his program.

It all has to do with keeping the class interesting and relevant. And it's working.
the class became relevant again when HD departed.......what did m. smith refer to after winning, giving thanks to scrappers for some sort of access to suzuki r&d?

Any comments?
where can i find this interview?

Matt Smtih did an interview last week on the NHRA Insider podcast with Brian Lohnes. He referenced Steve’s perforomance is from a magic tire. For whatever reason, some tires are just much better than other tires and increases the performance of the bike. Last year Scott Pollacheck got over 100 runs on a single tire. Steve was dominating the last two events but seemed to run closer to the rest of the pack this weekend. I wonder if maybe Steve took the “magic tire” off the bike to maybe go back to it during the countdown. That would make sense if there is in fact a “magic tire”.

I liked the comment about meeting up at golden corral lol
At least pick a better restaurant to settle your differences, so after you box each others' ears and make up afterward, you can both sit down to something better to eat than Golden Corral. Gotta be a good steak house in Richmond, Va. :)

At least pick a better restaurant to settle your differences, so after you box each others' ears and make up afterward, you can both sit down to something better to eat than Golden Corral. Gotta be a good steak house in Richmond, Va. :)
I think the reference of "Golden Corral" was meant to be like the "O.K. Corral" in the Old West.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back