Skull Shine Sooner Nationals Event Schedule Released (1 Viewer)

Toyse Jr

Nitro Member
NORWALK, Ohio (June 1, 2007) – Knoll-Gas Nitro Jam™ officials have announced the schedule for the postponed Skull Shine Sooner Nationals presented by Wolverine and Academy Sports + Outdoors.

The event, rescheduled for Saturday, June 23, will kick-off professional racing at 12 noon with a time trial for all qualified cars. Qualifying was completed prior to postponement, so the professional category fields are locked. The professional classes are Top Fuel, Nitro Funny Car, Pro Modified, Alcohol Funny Car and Pro Stock.

Professional eliminations will begin at 4:30 p.m. Second round is scheduled for 6 p.m., third round 8 p.m. and finals at 10 p.m.

Sportsman racing will begin at 9 a.m. Saturday with qualifying, as the fields are still open. Eliminations will run between the pro rounds.

Friday, June 22, IHRA will host a Sportsman Appreciation Race beginning at 4:30 p.m. More details will be released on IHRA.com - Homepage Of IHRA Motorsports - A Division Of Live Nation soon.

The complete schedule appears below.

FRIDAY June 22, 2007 -
Sportsman Racer Gate (Back Gate) Credentials/Parking Open.........9:00am
Professional Gate (Front Gate) Credentials & Parking Opens..........10:30am
Tech Open………………………………..……...........……...10:00am - 9:00pm
Time Trials (by class).....................................................12:00 Noon - 4:00pm
Sportsman Appreciation Race Eliminations...................................4:30pm
Eliminations by Class: HR, ST, SR, SS, QR, TS, TD, Top ET, Mod ET
Credentials/Parking for Racers ends.......................................12:00 Midnight

SATURDAY June 23, 2007 -
Skull Shine Sooner Nationals
Racer Gate Credentials Open…..……………......................8:00am - 4:30pm
Tech Open...........................................................................................8:00am
Tech Closes at the end of each classes' Final Qualifying Session
God Speed Church Service ................................................................8:00am
Sportsman Qualifying……………...………..........…………..............9:00am
Q-1: HR, ST, SR, SS, QR, TS, TD, Top ET, Mod ET
PRO Time Trial...........................................................................12:00 Noon
TT-1: PS, AFC, PM, NFC, TF
Sportsman Qualifying……………...………...............After PRO Qualifying
Q-2: HR, ST, SR, SS, QR, TS, TD, Top ET, Mod ET
Sportsman Eliminations ........................………………….............After Q-2
E-1: HR, ST, SR, SS, QR, TS, TD, Top ET, Mod ET
Pre-Race Ceremony............................................................................4:20pm
PRO Eliminations ...........................………………...……...........…....4:30pm
E-1: PS, PM, Sportsman Continue
PRO Eliminations E-1: NFC, TF, AFC, E-2: PS, PM.........................6:00pm
Semi-Finals: PS, AFC, PM, NFC, TF.................................................8:00pm
Finals: Sportsman, PS, AFC, PM, NFC, TF, ...............................… 10:00pm

PRO Sessions will start at times listed above.
Schedule subject to change

** Sportsman Racers - There will be no off site holding lot.
Report to back gate entrance beginning no sooner than 6:00pm Thursday evening.

THURSDAY June 21, 2007
Sportsman Holding Lot (Use back gate entrance) open for
early arrival line-up………………………………………6:00pm – 12 Midnight

Professional Holding Lot (Use parking lots at the rear of the warehouse
buildings next to the track) open for early arrivals..6:00pm – 12:00 Midnight

No pro parking inside track or in front gate until 10:30am on Friday.

For More Information goto IHRA

I bet if this re-run is well attended, the IHRA is going to start thinking about playing with Saturday night eliminations again. Didn't really work that great when they tried it before, but if properly marketed I think it could.

It's going to remind me of those Saturday races at OCIR and Irwindale that started elims in the late afternoon/early evening. It should be pretty cool.

There is one (if not many) definite advantage of Saturday elims, it gives you an extra day to try to race if you have a rain-out.

I'm going to do my best to get to the re-run of this race. I was bummed that I didn't get to make it to begin with. At least now I have half a chance to see the elminations!

Get there early, there will be two rounds of Sportsman qualifying and a round of Pro time trials before they start eliminations - and get plenty of sleep the night before because it will be a late one!

Get there early, there will be two rounds of Sportsman qualifying and a round of Pro time trials before they start eliminations - and get plenty of sleep the night before because it will be a late one!

Unfortunately getting there early may not be an option. I have to work on Saturday and just hoping I can escape by about 4:00 or so to make it to the track by 6:00 - 6:30. I'll probably sleep in the Expy after it's over, lol!

Going to be a Very Long Day:D
See ya there Larry..
Tom I will be the Goofy looking Fat guy in a hat shooting pictures around the starting line.

Going to be a Very Long Day:D
See ya there Larry..
Tom I will be the Goofy looking Fat guy in a hat shooting pictures around the starting line.
Hopefully I'll get to catch up with both of you guys! However, a potential problem has cropped up... my boss is threatening to take me on an impromptu trip to Vegas this weekend, he's apparently having a bout with gambling withdrawal and needs somebody to share the pain with, lol.
:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back